Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Joking, dude. I honestly think that particular suit looks better on you than me.

2. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Noodles getting into bespoke...

nice!

just make sure you are very certain about your decisions in fabric and design...

3. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

Not better. It looks good on both of us.

4. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

Yes. I have begun looking into it. WOnder if they wud be offended if I ask them replicate Formosa suits.

5. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Probably...tailors have their own style...if you like Formosa so much you should get another

6. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

Why on earth would you ask BnT to replicate your Formosa? Better get another Formosa then...

7. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

I dont get to pick out my own patterns with Formosa. I dont thiNk it wud be wise to replicate the Formosa. I just want something similar.

8. Murlsquirl

Yes, they would. Every bespoke tailor has their "house style". Look at a lot of their pics because if you don't like their style, don't waste your time and money. They aren't going to change what they do for you. Pick a good fabric and let them do their magic. A lot of people wouldn't recommend bespoke for the inexperienced....have Clags on standby to answer questions...since he has worked with them.

EDIT: you can pick your fabric and options with Formosa MTO

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014

9. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Just let them do what they do Noodles. Also, I'd be surprised (and a little disappointed) if they let you order 3 suits at one time. I'd also be surprised if they can manage to finish three suits in three weeks. I rushed them on my last purchase, a jacket, and got that in three weeks. But that was also the fifth jacket they had made for me.

Kiwi, you asked a question a few days ago about why I started dressing better than I had. I had had to wear suits for a previous job and had had a bunch of ties lying around. Something about ties spoke to me (I'm an obsessive collector of things, though only one obsession at a time. In the mid-late 90s I had something like 300 CDs...a lot for a high school student....which I would then rearrange and organize every couple of months...very soothing). I joined SF to figure out how to wear ties without wearing suits (as I no longer needed to wear suits but still wanted to wear ties). And the rest is history.

10. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

I checked out their tumblr page and loved what I saw. But it was weird seeing all of those suits. I dont see those nice suits on the streets of Seoul.

@Murlsquirl
    I get to pick??? Holy macro!

@claghorn
    I will just point out some pictures of their own suits and tell them what I like about them and then go from there. I emailed Joe about the bespoke process. I will keep you guys posted.

11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

As they have told you, Noodles, if you are going with B&TAILOR let them do their magic. Maybe with their usual extended shoulder you may find a look that you like a lot more than the Formosa. Then you can keep buying Formosa and B&Tailor and build a nice wardrobe!

12. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

Mmmm...just thinking about it makes me drool. A closet full of Formosa suits and B&Tailor suits. Mmmmmm

Man, I dont think this thread is gonna die because I will be so...stupid and unpredictable. I would like to think that I am a better decider in real life and...not so stupid.

13. Murlsquirl

You can pick fabric, pockets, buttons, lining, etc. with MTO. The only thing you can't change is the pattern (i.e., size, lapel width, etc.).

Funny you say that, Noodles....Stitchy promised me you weren't crazy in real life...I told him I didn't believe him. I texted him after we ate lunch and told him he was right. You are just SF crazy.

14. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

15. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

[​IMG]