• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patrizio is one of the best if not the best tie makers I know of...it's a shame noodles had a bad experience...because he could really pick up some great ties for his wardrobe...

Maybe noodles should be forgiving and give him another shot...

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
He doesnt need a 2nd chance from me. He has plenty of happy customers. I am a pretty easy going guy but he ticked me off enough that I vowed never to do business with him ever again.

I am in need of some more ties. I can't keep doing waywrns with the same damn ties.

Anyways, I have great experiences with NMWA, Sam Hober, and Vanda when I contacted them.

Tomorrow, I get to have my company profile picture retaken! Think I will wear my wedding suit.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why not the Formosa? It's your best suit. That Galaxy is ill fitting

Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Noodles - Just buy 10 Hovers and stop worrying about ties for awhile.

That takes all the fun away. Too many great ties from other vendors here....ET, Henry Carter, YHNT, Shibumi, etc.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ben silver ties are great too.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dunno where all these tie recs came from... I just mentioned that Cappelli is verboten to Noodles....

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this jacket? I was too tired to try it on so a stock photo will due for now...the lapel does roll as a 3-r-2 jacket does. However, due to how the jacket was packaged and shipped, what is a good method to get where the highest button is essentially masked by the lapel roll?

(Chest and waist needs to be altered. Shoulder, sleeves, and length are pretty good IMO).

Is the pattern versatile?

I am relieved that the jacket is a navy, brown, cream color texture in person (from the stock photos it looked like black and blue). I actually really like it but I want to make sure my judgement is not jaded by the fabulous price I purchased for.

15469732836_1b60166770_b.jpg

15306152860_3886fe2000_b.jpg

15306284237_1b1d0e3713_b.jpg

15492496902_d8e2ba1a4a_b.jpg

Don't mind the red scarf:

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That takes all the fun away. Too many great ties from other vendors here....ET, Henry Carter, YHNT, Shibumi, etc.

Well, he'll be sure to have a picnic attack in a few months after realizing he only bought 10 new ties. Then pick another vendor and repeat. Within a year he'll have 40 or so new ties from various vendors. Problem solved.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gettoasty, assuming the photos other than the first two (which look completely different from the stock photos as may have been your point) are the most accurate depictions of the color, I like it and think you can do a lot with it. It may not be the most versatile jacket in the world but it is absolutely a lovely complement to a wardrobe and should be reasonably versatile.

Last edited:

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
I want the Formosa navy birdseye right now!

I really need more ties. I am wearing the same stuff too much. Tempted to get more Sam Hober but I need to look at other vendors.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want the Formosa navy birdseye right now!

I really need more ties. I am wearing the same stuff too much. Tempted to get more Sam Hober but I need to look at other vendors.

Embrace Constraints. Let limitations guide you to creative solutions...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads