Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

Yikes. That's the best place to eat? LOL! Are there any other options?
    @Murlsquirl - You're at Maryland Ave & what?

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

L'Enfant Plaza is a dead zone for food. I'm sure the Mandarin Oriental hotel has a really nice restaurant at which you will be paying through the nose to eat. You're probably better off heading north on the Green/Yellow line to Archives or Gallery Place.

3. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

Yup. That was my fear about L'Enfant Plaza. Just didn't know it was this bad. I almost want to switch the venue to Union Station. While it still sucks in comparison to places like Foggy Bottom or DuPont Circle, it's much better than L'Enfant Plaza.

By the way, @Ambulance Chaser - I think it's time to jump off that RGIII bandwagon. If Cousins keeps doing well (albeit it's only been 2.5 games), he's much better in this new system. Dumb ESPN is already talking about trading RGIII LOL.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

4. jssdc

jssdc Senior member

Big ol +1 on Native American museum for lunch. Used to go there with the kiddos after a walk to the botanical gardens (which you chaps should visit as well for great backdrops to Formosa pics). Try the bison burger.

5. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

Have you permanently moved now? I believe you were talking about moving away from DC.
    It's funny but I have not been that many museums despite living in the DC metropolitan area since 1992.
    I don't know how my stomach will take bison meat.

6. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU!

7. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

museums are purty dang boring to me. The only worthy museum is the Holocaust Museum. Definitely makes you think.

8. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

9. AJL

AJL Senior member

I feel a possible picnic attack coming on; please help me off the ledge if you can.

Behold, some quick, crappy shots of my 3 beautiful new Formosa SC's (pardon the rolled up sleeves, didn't want sleeve length to distract). Tell me your impressions re. fit, for each.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Fantastic
    Fantastic
    Fantastic

You'll need to take a look at the sleeves again when altered but it may work for you to taper them a little. Hard to say conclusively because of bunching from the rolling

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

11. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

They all do.

I haven't spent much time in DC at all, but all my friends that have rave about how awesome the museums are!

12. BespokeKiwi

BespokeKiwi Senior member

@Isolation

If you're not happy with your fits, I strongly recommend that you extend your stay in HK -- until completely satisfied.

As you may recall, my HK tailor recently failed to deliver most of my new commissions on time, during my last visit to HK. Regrettably, I made the mistake of returning home on schedule. I've been suffering ever since with the nightmare situation of trying to remotely adjust several garments, via numerous rounds of time consuming photo sessions/emails and expensive parcel post ping pong.

In short, you will become an unpaid member of your tailor's staff, working remotely from London. So, gets things sorted while you're in HK, if possible.

EDIT:
    - Regarding your two new commissions above, I prefer the navy blue DB lounge suit over the SB three piece, with the disappointing trouser fit. You might even consider remaking the poorly fitting trousers from scratch.
    - I won't repeat the suggestions already made. On a positive note, you're a very persistent guy. So, I'm confident that you will achieve your desired sartorial goals.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

13. kulata

kulata Senior member

@AJL they look good but the first one seems long. Is it in a different size?

14. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

They're taken from different angles. Also, his arms aren't in the same position in every picture.

AJL can you post pictures stand normally? No robopose needed. Hands at your side, not bent. Also, knuckles not wrapped like you're about to attack sometimes. :)

It will help to determine how well the lengths work.

15. kulata

kulata Senior member

I factored those before asking. It definitely looks longer than the other two.