• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Formosa pick up time: 01:30 PM EST Saturday (tomorrow)
Expressed my confusion on what happened with the sleeves. Mr. Field suggested that I bring in my dress shirt, but that what I did thr first time. Sigh. I hope to have a nice "bro-unch" with Murlsquirl wearing the Formosa. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
I will be up at 8AM stretching and un-breaking myself from this week's weight lifting efforts so my shoulders are even when I see Field at 10:30 this Sat and my sleeves will be the proper length. Meathead life

akoustas

Reaction score
@in sitches it's a suit no worries! I do understand the anti gingham + suit and tie sentiment (actually why I've cut down my collection to two) but sometimes I just want something a bit more fun for work :)

Last edited:

akoustas

Reaction score
@noodles This is off the Sam Hober site. I've tried the purple with a dark navy and it didn't work, this is a bit garish but kid of interesting as well. I know I'm really testing my luck with Stitchy here propagating this gingham + tie business. My fiancee is Russian and asks me "why I buy picnic shirts" so he can rest assured my consumption will remain limited

6e0185640f22458449ef3d2401502de5.jpg

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@in sitches it's a suit no worries! I do understand the anti gingham + suit and tie sentiment (actually why I've cut down my collection to two) but sometimes I just want something a bit more fun for work :)

See below. ;)

6e0185640f22458449ef3d2401502de5.jpg

Holy crap that is my fit!!

I was wearing a navy SC and gray pants there. Kind of garish, yes, but less "in your face" looking from more distance than that uber close up.

Thats the only time I wore that shirt with a jacket and tie and liked it ok-ish (the other time was with an olive Hober and I did not like it so I took off the tie). Only did it because the jacket is a bright-ish kind of blue with nice texture, so I felt it kind of worked, and was fun, but in hindsight, and as my tastes have changed, and matured Id hope, I wouldnt do it again.

akoustas

Reaction score
HAHAHAHA! Well I was just about to pick up the same tie for the fun of it to have as an option as I have a nearly identical jacket. So kudos!

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@akoustas lighter colored Ginghams are more versatile. Light pink and light blue ginghams (both small and large checks) play well with a lot of ties. Check out @EliodA's fit for the friday challenge and the guys below:

Ethan Desu
tumblr_narareVV7p1qad1efo1_500.jpg

Stylish Japanese man
tumblr_n4mwta4lXQ1qad1efo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

HAHAHAHA! Well I was just about to pick up the same tie for the fun of it to have as an option as I have a nearly identical jacket. So kudos!

Its one of my all time fave ties. Wears really well and super versatile. Kop now.

---

Also agree with Kulata. This is a topic that I think we hit a number of times in WAYWRN is the recent past.

Last edited:

akoustas

Reaction score
@in sitches Will do ;) I just needed the nudge

@kulata thanks for the examples. Both of which are fantastic. I actually have a gingham in that shade and will be shamelessly copying the first look.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:slayer:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's fit is germane to the discussion of whether bold ginghams can be succesfully paired with a suit.

I'll throw the shoes in as well. Still breaking them in, which is why the gap is pretty significant on one shoe:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better imo. Smaller check and less loud color.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Formosa pick up time: 01:30 PM EST Saturday (tomorrow)
Expressed my confusion on what happened with the sleeves. Mr. Field suggested that I bring in my dress shirt, but that what I did thr first time. Sigh. I hope to have a nice "bro-unch" with Murlsquirl wearing the Formosa. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Have him fix it while you are there. I will not be in a suit on Tuesday, that's for sure. I was hoping for cooler weather while I was there, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Im kinda bummed about that too. :(

Im hoping I can at least wear my NMWA Inis.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ That one is a bit darker than the tan one Stevie Mac is wearing in the first picture I posted

I don't think the lapels are dated at all. Very moderate proportions. I'd need to see it on a hanger for to be sure. Not sure about the gorge height

Here's a better picture:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads