1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. yanagi

yanagi Senior member

I said they were bad photos...[​IMG] Next time, I'll lace up my Park Avenues.

2. AJL

AJL Senior member

Not sure what causes people to do this and subsequently expect to be taken seriously re. fit (not singling you out here, yanagi, esp. as you are noob).

My personal fav is thread namesake = Frodo Baggins. Priceless.

3. mdancel

mdancel Well-Known Member

RTC that's a huge transformation. Nice to see other cyclists on here. Have you legs grown in proportion with the gains you have made in the upper body?

I'm a track sprinter on the velodrome so i have a butt and legs but pretty small upperbody (more aero) which has made it quite a bit of a trick to find pants that come close to fitting.

4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Legs used to be a lot bigger in the fall of 2010. I had two back surgeries and haven't been able to lift legs that hard lately. Four years ago I was buying pants 2+ sizes big in the waist so they'd fit my quads. I'm talking about gap khaki's here, so there was no slim fit action going on.

I'm 170 in the second picture, for reference.

I wish I could race track. I used to race with an SRM and my 5sec power was like 1430W at 148 lbs...

5. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Grainy! That was the word I needed to use instead of low res! Sorry! Still, suit looks awesome!

1 person likes this.
  6. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Butchy - I would totally jive on that... except that I hate jetted pockets on anything short of a dinner jacket.

7. mdancel

mdancel Well-Known Member

Now I have to go and check my SRM files! :) It's unfortunate you can't race track as that's some good watts/kg.

Sorry for the digression. I'm working on getting some better pics so I can dial in on the proper suit size for me.

8. ridethecliche

That moment you're packing for an interview and you realize that the pants of your suit magically got a pretty big pull out of nowhere.

I hadn't noticed this before so I have no idea when it happened, but I guess I'll have to live with it till march/april when interviews are done. Luckily it's on the side of the pants and I doubt anyone will notice unless they're 5 feet away and looking at that exact spot.

Does anyone know what I can do to make it less noticeable? No idea what happened, but a new suit isn't in the cards right now which sucks anyway because the jacket is starting to get too small...

FAKKKKKK!!!

9. ridethecliche

On that note, anyone have any ideas on cheap suits (yoox?) in a slim 42R?

The suit that just got farked is a 41R BBGF and the jacket is starting to get small on me.

Am I overreacting? I could probably live with this for the next few months tbh. I doubt anyone else would really notice anything that looked like anything other than a smudge. Atleast I hope not?

10. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'll let you in on a secret. I've tucked the flaps, so you can imagine flaps and be content. :)

I've found that I don't like flaps on anything.

3 people like this.
  11. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Everything is once again congruous. Smashing. Party on, Wayne.

2 people like this.
  12. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

Yikes!

1 person likes this.
  13. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

14. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

@The Noodles what happened to your craig avatar?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  15. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

Haha! Didn't realize yangj was in bare feet. Good job! I might start doing my waywrn in bare feet. Who called me Frodo that one time I was bare feet?

I checked my closet and there were no signs of bugs on my suits and shirts. I guess the cashmere sweater is just fragile.

16. ridethecliche

Srs question.

17. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

18. ridethecliche

I guess I'm going to have to try a reweaving place in boston.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/columbo-invisible-reweaving-and-reknitting-boston

Edit: Just called the place. I'm going to go there next week after the next two interviews. She said she's running about a month right now and can expedite for an additional cost. I'm going to see how much stuff would cost. I've almost outgrown the jacket but should be able to get my money back if I decide to sell it later so I guess I'll just go for it...

19. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Looking for a little GNA about the collar on this Luxire shirt which utilizes the @Betelgeuse collar. Any thoughts on changes I should make? Collar height? Spread?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Mate, FWIW I think the collar looks a wee bit high. That said it could be the angle of your shots. More importantly, I do like that tie! Who made it?

2 people like this.