Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

stitchy is 0 for 2 this week in the outerwear category, it seems

i thought the armoury jacket was decent tho as a rain coat

2. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

3. jssdc

jssdc Senior member

If you're talking about RO, the tax that you're referring to comes off when you enter an non-EU address at checkout. Since shipping is free that means £375/$625 (depending on your bank fees). Maybe I'm just corrupted by Northant pricing but 600 bones doesn't seem too bad for something that I want.

4. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I get the appeal, Stitchy, but I would've gone for one of the more regular barbours. They're much more versatile, and will probably age much better. Also, I wouldn't wear that Steve McQueen jacket outside of the US. You could get in serious trouble depending on where you are.

Anyways, I'm glad you like it, and please post some fitpics in this thread! I'm wondering how'll you wear it.

5. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Stitchy, if it's not too late send the Barbour back and get a Mulholland Master by Mister Freedom. I'd hazard a guess that the construction and material are way nicer but it's just a lot cooler than the Barbour (which is all that really matters). I've got the brown one and it's one of my favourite pieces of outerwear. The cord lining is so thick and warm and the jungle cloth on the outside is really great.

http://www.misterfreedom.com/mulholland-master-brown.html
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014

6. europrep

europrep Senior member

@in stitches. In more important news "amazeballs" was just added to the Oxford dictionary.

7. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

This is perhaps the best news of all time.

---

Lol. You bitches can hate on forever, I love this jacket and I am not sending it back. It is amazeballs.

8. in stitches

But enough about Barbour.

Here is the new Eidos sportcoat. Sorry about the poor lighting. I'll wait for your comments before I share mine on the jacket.

[​IMG]

9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

It's hard to judge fit based on that picture, but it looks very nice in the chest. It gives you a more athletic look. Obviously I like the way you're wearing it with a blue ocbd, brown pents and brown loafers. All you need is a nice and crunchy knit tie and a hanky and the look would be perfect. Oh, and remove that lapel pin.

10. in stitches

Thanks, MF. I am very pleased with how I combined it, if I may say so myself. Was not in the mood for a tie today though.

Lets get one thing out of the way, the lapel pin is why I kopped the jacket, its not going anywhere.

I love the fit in the chest, and I love the lapels. The gut is a little tight, but if I lose some weight, which I should do anyways, I think that will be resolved. But tbh, I will probably wear it open more often than not anyways.

The only real issue is the arms. The armhole is very high, and the sleeves are mad slim, which is suboptimal for my amazing and sexy muscular arms. I do not have the range of motion I would like, and I am very aware when its on. Optimally, when a SC fits right, you should not even notice that you are wearing it. I dont think there is any way to fix that, so I am not sure what I am going to do. I imagine I will do my best with it, and if I see it sits too much, it may have to be sold.

11. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

Mind giving an armhole and bicep measurement? Also, what size did you get? 44?

12. kulata

kulata Senior member

I was going to say the jacket is too tapered all over but then you wrote that piece. Perhaps a less fuller cut pant will not make it apparent.

I've been avoiding that particular cut for similar reasons. If that's a US44 can you provide the measurements please?

13. in stitches

I dont mind, but I do not have them handy at all. I will try and do that, on another time (crappy grammar, but I love that phrase).

Yup, its tagged a 54 indeed.

---

Kulata, I think aside from the sleeves, the cut is great, ymmv I guess. Even the gut can easily be buttoned, its just a bit close for comfort. I dont know any measurements off hand, but I will try and post up, along with the arm measurements, on another time (TWICE!!!).

14. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Stitches, I like it. If you're not going to wear it with a tie or if you wear it with a knit, I'd wear it unbuttoned. Hard to fully tell about fit given your stance, but you can judge that as well as any.

The arms issue, though, is kind of a bummer, but you might as well wear it around for a while to see if it remains salient. Good chance you'll stop noticing it, say when you are in a conversation etc. If you do notice it every time you move your arm, like it breaks your attention when you are talking to someone, then probably not a good thing.