Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Obviously -.- thanks. Looking forward to see you wear it in WAYWARN.

2. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Not a law firm person, but is it 100% linen?

I think you'll be dissatisfied with the wrinkles as the day goes on and what will you pair it with? Worsted? That would be incongruous and a bad choice, IMO. Given your work context, this is I think too casual a jacket, in which case, wear it on weekends or casual days with a light colored linen BD shirt, linen or cotton-linen pants etc, jacket unbuttoned, loafers (lapels are a bit on the thin side too, though that's not a deal breaker for me).

I'm guessing you won't find it very versatile for work, but enjoy it elsewhere. I'd go with the smaller, unbuttoned.

3. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't mind wearing linen with worsted pants.

Though I agree, there may be a tad bit of incongruity, but that's better than the obvious choice (chinos, which don't look good. Ever. Sorry chino folks. You know how I stand. I'll take the most humble pair of wool trousers over the nicest chinos you can throw at me). Really, linen pants are the best bet to go with linen jackets (or shatnez pants for the win!), but I dislike all the wrinkles that come with the pants. On a jacket, it's charming. On pants.....ehhhh...

4. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well you've pulled it off.

I feel odd wearing worsted with linen. I have a linen-wool-silk blend trouser which has more texture (a bit slubby) and I think that works. It's more texture really that I find to be the issue. I'd pair that blend (tan) with the jacket NS has on.

But linen pants are awesome. You have to embrace the wrinkles, but in the right outfit, it enhances the relaxed look. I wouldn't wear them to work though.

5. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior member

It was me. Clag is right, I bought the shoes and he sent the boots. He was quite responsive when I wanted to exchange them for shoes, but when I decided to keep them he stopped responding. It is a shame because the stitching on the inside of the boot was uneven and dug into my heel while I walked. I probably wouldn't have been difficult to fix, but he completely stopped responding to me.

I like the boots, they just aren't very comfortable due to that problem. Other than that I really like wearing them.

6. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

It's cool. Chino's are awesome.

Haters gonna hate.

Perhaps it's an issue a cobbler can fix?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014

7. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

This just in:
    The Skins beat the Patriots!

Oh, crap! It's just a pre-season game. Bummer.

8. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

So, I was told that the Eidos Napoli SC is available in size 42R when I contacted Carson Street by mail. I'm usually size 40R. Does the jacket fit TTS, @in stitches and @Monkeyface ? Or are they small-ish? Thanks.

9. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Yes, I banned him and deleted all his posts.
    Lol. Me too!
    Oof. Its a bit snug/high in the arm, but I am not sure that I would say to size up necessarily. Call up/email CSC and ask them for the measurements you need. I asked for pit to pit, shoulder seams across, across waist, half girth and length BOC. If you get that info and know your measurements, that should let you know if the 42 will work or not.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014

10. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

I guess that is the only good solution. Wanted to close the deal as fast as possible before someone grabs it in case it was snug-fitting. Thanks, appreciate the help.

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Eidos sportscoats are on the slim side, but fit TTS. I don't think sizing up will work, unless you are a big 40R. I suppose it doesn't hurt to get measurements.

12. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Thanks for the response. Well, I'm kind of a big 40R atm because of weightlifting. But it's temporary because of intense training during summer. I've asked for measurements. Would love to have the SC as it looks spectacular, but if it doesn't fit it doesn't.

13. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I"m a 42 [​IMG]

Long [​IMG]

14. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

My pleasure. I hope it all works out for you. :cheers:

15. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

It is 100% linen, which is part of the reason it is so casual. I'll have to give this some thought as I share Clag's sentiment that I rarely wear chino's.