1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. jungleroller

jungleroller Distinguished Member

Thanks man! I'm loving it in every way.

2. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

Noodles' Tie Giveaway :
    I am sorry they're not the best looking but these are RLPL ties (with the exception of the blue ones). I am offering these for free to fellow Noodlers. PM me.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014

3. europrep

europrep Distinguished Member

Prefer the Tipo. Quarters are too open for me on the Lorenzo.

4. losrockets

losrockets Senior Member

Liking the Tipo more than the Lorenzo, and Formosa possibly more than most. Something feels uncomfortable to me about the openness of the quarters on the Lorenzo, though as Greg says, perhaps seeing the Lorenzo in person (live 3-D!) would effect a different reaction.

5. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Thought I'd like the lorenzo more than I do now I see a front on robo pose. Echo what those have said about the fronts (what SF calls quarters for some bizarre reason) being too open.

6. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Distinguished Member

^ I prefer the Tipo too. Don't fancy those open quarters/fronts/hocks or whatever they are called.

Thoughts please on these two briefcases, both made by the same company. These are the ONLY two pieces available at this store (assuming neither has been sold yet, which is entirely possible). They are not going to get any more.

The red one is a nicer colour, but a less convenient size (I often have to carry a camera and miscellaneous bits of equipment, as well as the usual laptop, spectacle cases, documents and so on). They are the same price. Medium quality construction, quite thick leather, very nicely done on the inside too.

If the bigger design were available in burgundy, I would kop without hesitation. OTOH if I had to choose between these two, I'd probably take the smaller burgundy one. But - does it look too stupidly small?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Close-up of the larger, black briefcase:

[​IMG]

Can anyone identify this brand? It's apparently Hungarian, and also available online from an Austrian or German retailer, although I haven't been able to track it down.

[​IMG]

7. EliodA

EliodA Distinguished Member

Interesting how everybody here was initially so enthusiastic about Eidos' upcoming Lorenzo cut and now, based on a single photo, they all seem to prefer the older cut....
    FWIW, I think in Greg's photo the open quarters/fronts are over emphasized due to the very light trousers and the perspective. It makes for a somewhat uncomfortable impression, since your eyes get drawn to his crotch now....

8. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

I'm still grabbing one when they pop up. I think it looks great.

9. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior Member

Lorenzo looks like RTW Liverano & Liverano moreso than Formosa, imo, with those super-rounded corners. Tipo is my preference; perfect silhouette for someone my age/build.

10. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You guys may already know this but this is the inspiration for Antonio's Lorenzo design. An homage to Liverano's cut. The C shape of the lapel and quarter line is an essential part of that aesthetic.

It isn't for everyone (as evidenced by the reactions) but I think it's a gorgeous cut.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014

11. Claghorn

Claghorn Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

My next jacket has that C cut. Pretty excited about it.

In four years, 4 inch lapels are going to be the new 2 inch lapels. The difference is that they'll look awesome.

Still, I'll be sticking with 3.5, both because it'll "age" better, being a bit more moderate, and it is nicely proportional to my head and shoulders. Though my head could probably handle 4.

12. EliodA

EliodA Distinguished Member

You should surely do. My point was, we've seen many pics of that Lorenzo cut already and it looked great, so why dismiss it based on a single pic? Personally I'd have a problem with the low buttoning point. It elongates the body, which is what I don't need. Same happens with Formosa, that's why that looks so spectacular on tall skinny guys as yourself. The Lorenzo should look great on you too.

13. Apollotrader

Apollotrader Senior Member

scale on the smaller one is off for your body size, imo. As for the maker, I am not familiar, which is only mildly interesting because of my leather goods obsession.

14. vida

vida Senior Member

Lorenzo, for me. I thinks it looks less formal, less traditional. The open quarters and "rounded shape" soften the look.

15. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

I got ya....and thanks.