1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Sounds about right. Solid summation.

1 person likes this.
  2. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Noodles you're wearing SCs to work now?!?!?

3. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

Thx y'all!
    I dont know what I do unconsciously when a photo is about be taken. I definitely dont stand in my natural form/stance. Thats a sweet SC bit it is $900-(15%).
    @jrd - yes, I may once a month just to diversify my look. I mean look at what the heck I am wearing today!

4. kulata

kulata Senior member

Fabric is nice. Fit and cut aren't great; not feeling the lapels, it's tight in the chest and will get worse when you layer it or gain a little weight.

5. The Noodles

6. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

He's right. Don't get it. Stay focused on the goal, noodles.

2 people like this.
  7. The Noodles

But my look is too boring~

8. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Get some hankies. Not super expensive, and they can liven up your look a lot. Try making some nice combinations, practice with that. After that get some nice textured wool/cashmere ties, and by then the new Formosa's should be released. Also, try finding a tailor where it doesn't take a month to shorten the sleeves. I dropped my jacket off for the sleeves yesterday, and it's done today.

Get nice wool socks too. No more white tennis socks. Get some black or dark brown balmoral boots for winter, and maybe a nice black Adelaide.

Get some loafers for casual wear. Look into Carmina's string loafers. Time to throw out those Adidas superstars you always wear. Get some nice raw denim, chinos or grey wool flannels for casual wear. A navy blazer is essential as well.

You have much to do and learn, so no need to complain about boring fits at the moment.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Kulata is right

Those lapels are bowing = too tight of chest

Did you measure the p2p?

10. The Noodles

11. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

The SC, Noodles, is very much like the one MF and Stitchy have from Eidos in pattern. I like that it's rougher in texture (cashmere). It's fused, though?

I would not buy until you try it on and verify the fit. The picture you posted is so distorted that I wonder if it's your stance plus the magic of iPhone pics. Your chest and abdomen seem to be bulging! But if the bowing does not disappear, I would definitely pass or try one size up. The shoulders look clean so you wouldn't want to lose that.

Be patient on SCs. Aren't the Formosa MTO SCs about 500 more than this BBs? I'd save up and spend on the Formosa.

12. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

It's a nice SC, but it looks like you're about to explode out of it.

1 person likes this.
  13. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

It looked like the lapels were lying flat on my other monitor....I see the chest is a bit too tight now.

14. The Noodles

Pass on SC.
    I will just shut up and get more Formosa suits. Can't do anything wrong with that.

1 person likes this.
  15. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Focus on fit!

Posting oddly-angled pictures and asking "does this fit?" isn't a very efficient method of determining fit

You need to deal with hard numbers

Srs, go into your local CVS and get one of these in the shoe repair section. Take it to the store next time to measure the chest, shoulders, etc

16. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

@The Noodles, you want to buy the boring stuff first so that you have it when you need it and can then buy things that are a bit more fun once you have a well rounded wardrobe. As others have said, a bunch of one off pieces you happened to like does not a complete wardrobe make. JRD has good advice about buying a tape measure so that you can actually compare different garments in a more scientific manner. Glad you're finally posting fit pictures with shirts that are tucked in, though.

Also, before you buy various fun sport coats, do you own a basic navy blazer?

2 people like this.
  17. The Noodles

18. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Do you own a navy blazer?

19. The Noodles

20. The Noodles

Thanks to all those who chimed in. I greatly appreciate it. [​IMG]