Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. AJL

AJL Senior member

Geez, I gave my (ex) girlfriend the evil eye when I reached down to retrieve her cell phone under the passenger seat and came up with a lube smudge from the track mechanism on my Inglese sleeve. We broke up like the next day (she wasn't a keeper, though we'd been together 3 yrs).

The Inglese Incident, while unspoken, may well have been the straw that broke the camel's back, though in truth the end was very near.

MF, I envy your even temperament, proportional sense of values and the fact that you got yourself a keeper. Good for you, mate.

2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Awww, thanks guys!

Here's the replacement jacket, a lambskin one. The guys in the store said it'll age beautifully and get a little darker over time. It's super soft leather, and hopefully it'll have a longer life than the last one.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  3. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Nice. We have that one in store too and on sale.

4. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

Dearest Greg,

I know this question has been asked over and over but I will ask. When will you be restocking the Formosa suits? I believe you said this Fall. Is that sometime in September?

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  5. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

But you dumped her careless ass anyway, right? Like a SF bawssss.... [​IMG]

6. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

My at the time girlfriend bought me a tie for our first Christmas together. Needless to say, I married her.

7. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Sorry. I don't like light leather jackets. I like black and dark brown/burgundy. Light leather jackets fit too niche of a fit. If I buy something that expensive, I want it to be versatile as fuck.

8. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Light leather jackets are awesome - and not just because they're more seasonal than dark, they look great in colder weather too with dark denim and a scarf. Are they more versatile than black leather? Def not. But by that standard, we'd have pretty small and depressing closets.

Sorry I don't remember you emailing us or calling us to make an appointment to come into the office. If we dropped the ball, I apologize. For the sake of clarity, we do not have a store in NYC and do not allow walk-ins. We have our office/warehouse here and are happy to organize customer visits by appointment

9. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Noodles: email Greg next time you are in town. He could not have been more welcoming or pleasant to talk to.

I'm still in NYC. The weather here has been hot in the day but not oppressively so, and just wonderfully cool and clear at night. Walked the highline last night, which is highly recommended.

Also tried on this:

[​IMG]

Odd how the right side seems to be a touch shorter than the left. I'm assuming that this is an artifact, so ignore that. Length on the left seems more appropriate. It's a purplish harris tweed, a marled fabric with brown and green perhaps. Quite lovely. The shoulders are more constructed than I would like and the lapels are thinner than ideal as well. Perhaps a touch more open in the quarters. But there are things that I like about it as well.

Your thoughts?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  10. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

You have a dropped left shoulder, hence the extra length. Lapels would be a killer for me, especially for tweed.

11. TweedyProf

@Henry Carter

You don't like the thin lapels for tweed, Henry? Too city?

12. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yeah pretty much. Otherwise its a nice fit and your dropped shoulder should be able to be accommodated for to an extent.

13. TweedyProf

I'd prefer them wider too, say a half inch. Tis a line whether mixing city/country can be incongruent or an "updating". But I hear you and agree.

I still think the length issue is an artifact, but thanks for your thoughts (you don't see it in the Formosa above and I didn't notice it in the mirror).

14. TweedyProf

Let me grant the lapel narrowness. Its about 3 inches so within the range of my ties. I can live with it as well as with the shoulder structure which for me is necessary due to a bit of a bump in the shoulder.

Anything else noodlers? Color? Fit?

15. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior member

I think it's great except for lapels.