• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I dislike PTBs. One broke into my house and killed my favorite grandmother/plant. Poor grandma. Socks. (Millennium hand and shrimp).

I was previously of the same opinion. Then I tried these on while wearing jeans. If loving these is wrong...

I can't remember if it was in this thread that we discussed the RL Marlow and I said that I didn't care for PTBs. Well, this just happened...

I believes these be shell...

:angry:

Why are you angry? Because I got these for $100?

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just can't get over the wrinkles. Imagine what. those look like after wearing them a few times ...

They'll look.... good.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I could tell you. But then I'd have to kill you. :)

Elio, these are secondhand (thus the price), so the wrinkles (I think of them as ripples) probably won't get that much more pronounced.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

update on the monkeyface sock scandal?

did they catch stitch the burglar yet?

still living free and at large!

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

update on the monkeyface sock scandal?

did they catch stitch the burglar yet?

Haven't had time to go to security yet, but I'm sure they would've contacted me if they'd found anything. I gave them the 15 minute time frame and machine nr, so I guess they haven't been able to identify anyone. If only hotel security cameras could enhance the footage like they do in CSI.

On another note, my girlfriend's hairspray can exploded all over my brand new, worn once suede Valstarino, so that's another loss. Do you think I could donate it to charity, even though it's stained all over? It would be a shame to throw it out, as it's still a very warm an well constructed jacket.

I'm going over to Carson Street Clothiers today to pick up a leather one, which they still have in my size and on sale, so it's not all bad.

Last edited:

luv2breformed

Reaction score
On another note, my girlfriend's hairspray can exploded all over my brand new, worn once suede Valstarino, so that's another loss. Do you think I could donate it to charity, even though it's stained all over? It would be a shame to throw it out, as it's still a very warm an well constructed jacket.

Wow, MF. It's not your week. =/

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't remember if it was in this thread that we discussed the RL Marlow and I said that I didn't care for PTBs. Well, this just happened...

I believes these be shell...
Oh my, those are ugly in a good way. :D

I can see it working with Jeans, Chinos and of course in rough weather.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't had time to go to security yet, but I'm sure they would've contacted me if they'd found anything. I gave them the 15 minute time frame and machine nr, so I guess they haven't been able to identify anyone. If only hotel security cameras could enhance the footage like they do in CSI.

I'm going over to Carson Street Clothiers today to pick up a leather one, which they still have in my size and on sale, so it's not all bad.

MF: the universe is trying to tell you something. It's time to don a pair of cargo shorts, flip flops, a t-shirt and cheap sunglasses for the rest of your NYC trip.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MF:  the universe is trying to tell you something.  It's time to don a pair of cargo shorts, flip flops, a t-shirt and cheap sunglasses for the rest of your NYC trip.

Haha, I don't even own any of those things. It would certainly raise some eyebrows. I'd probably get asked whether I've gone mad and then get sent home to change.

You're right though, New York hasn't been good for me, sartorially speaking, but there's not much I can do about it, so no need to worry. Luckily, it's Friday, so I can drown my sorrows tonight!

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love those shoes SB. For $100 they're a steal. They'll certainly work with a lot of your stuff.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you think of these? For versatility etc.

Each has some positives and some negatives...none are clear winners to me, though if you forced me to choose one, I suppose the steel blue or the windowpane.

In case you didn't see this in the Epaulet thread.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yes, donate it. i dont think the impoverished or homeless are concerned with stains as much as they are about keeping warm.

also, how did your girl handle the break up?

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yes, donate it. i dont think the impoverished or homeless are concerned with stains as much as they are about keeping warm.

also, how did your girl handle the break up?

I think I'll dryclean it, maybe it can be salvaged, but otherwise I'll donate it.

The jacket was my birthday gift from her, and she was absolutely inconsolable about ruining it, even though it wasn't her fault at all. I told her it's the thought behind the gift that matters, and that I appreciate that she knows how much I like clothes. In the end it's only a jacket, and it can be replaced, unlike her, as she's a real keeper.

Last edited:

luv2breformed

Reaction score
Quote:
I think I'll dryclean it, maybe it can be salvaged, but otherwise I'll donate it.

The jacket was my birthday gift from her, and she was absolutely inconsolable about ruining it, even though it wasn't her fault at all. I told her it's the thought behind the gift that matters, and that I appreciate that she knows how much I like clothes. In the end it's only a jacket, and it can be replaced, unlike her, as she's a real keeper.

Awww
fing02[1].gif

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ITT: we learn that MF is a sweet guy. good on you, mayne.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads