1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

Picked up the Formosa. Pants dropped off.

Mr.Field says hello to David or unbel.

U guys being harsh on my shirt today. Good thing I can throw my wife under the bus.

1 person likes this.
  2. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I like that shirt noodles. I'm wearing a pink/white flannel j crew shirt now, but it's mostly linen!

You need to up your casual game. It's possible to do that and look great. Look at @Cotton Dockers for example.

I'm glad your wife is capable of dressing you, but dude rock it yourself.[ATTACHMENT=9796]1410639103399.jpg (1,301k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. The Noodles

Tonight, you will drink with me in Boston paradise!
    (300 movie reference)

4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

You're not here for two more weeks!

5. The Noodles

...uh oops. Then on that day we will drink!

1 person likes this.
  6. The Noodles

Here's a sneak peak.
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  7. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

Killing it in that suit, Noodles. But a hand-constructed masterpiece of the Neapolitan art of tailoring deserves more respect from its accompanying pocket square. It's like making a Scotch and Soda with 25 year old Balvenie single malt and Pellegrino that has gone flat.

2 people like this.
  8. The Noodles

What did you have in mind then?

9. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Fab suit Noodles, and we're all looking forward to further fit pix.

@EFV , I would so buy that hat. It's a classic Fedora in a beautiful colour, and I know you can make it work - I've seen you rock a white Panama, which if anything is an even more attention-grabbing piece of headgear.

I think if there's any one group of people who are going to initiate a men's hat revival, it's SF. That's no insult to the Fedora Lounge people, but they are by definition a niche group whereas SF is a much broader church.

Quite frankly I think that what's missing from all the hundreds of otherwise great rigs posted on this board is a decent hat. It completes the look of a well-dressed gentleman.

Of course, this is only true of shots posed outdoors. Wearing a hat inside the house is unacceptable. (I believe there may be rare exceptions to this rule, but I'm not sure what they are. Funerals maybe? Can't remember.)

2 people like this.
  10. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

this is what i had in mind...
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Noodles - Great suit. Pocket square looks like it is trying to fly away.

2 people like this.
  12. The Noodles

I will work on the PS. I will most likely crumple it up and stuff it.

13. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

@Isolation - regarding the Fappening: I agree with you entirely, and indeed that's why I have chosen not to download or look at these celeb photos. I do suspect that your diatribe was in reaction to my comment, in which case you mistook my intent. You appear to have conflated "blame" with "lack of sympathy". I do not in any way blame the people whose salacious images were leaked. I also empathise with their plight. But I find myself a little more reluctant fully to sympathise with that plight.

If you want to be the mayor of Toronto, don't go snorting crack cocaine - unless you're prepared to deal with the consequences. If you're a racing driver, don't have one too many glasses of wine at a restaurant and then drive home. And if you're an aspiring popular entertainer, don't allow naked photos of yourself to be taken, and especially, don't then upload those photos to a cloud server with weak password protection. It's purely a matter of common-sense.

Again I emphasise that I am entirely in agreement with your general argument, and I hope that the people who stole the images are found and prosecuted for their disgraceful and clearly criminal behaviour.

14. The Noodles

Fudge.
    Sleeves too long and way too uneven.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

R sleeve looks good to me. L side needs shortening. Possibly you have a dropped left shoulder or long left arm, or perhaps Murl had the opposite.

Just be careful with the cuff button positioning. If the button-holes are fake and not heavily stitched, moving a button is an easy task for a good alterations tailor. However, heavily-stitched fake buttonholes will leave marks behind, in which case the sleeve will need to be shortened at the shoulder - not a job for beginners, even with a plain-coloured suit.

On the whole I think this suit deserves a gun tailor. Choose carefully and be prepared to pay a little extra for their expertise.

1 person likes this.
  16. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Damn Doodals! That is a very nice fit on the shoulders. Definitely the lessons have paid off! Congrats!

2 people like this.
  17. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

Great fit, Noodles! And gorgeous lapel roll. Of course a suit with such voluptuous curves and 'personality' can never be worn in a CBD environment. ;)

2 people like this.
  18. The Noodles

Gonna get a Formosa in the fall for sure! Thanks y'all

19. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

ever thought of adding one or two classic striped ties to your collection?

1 person likes this.
  20. The Noodles

1 person likes this.