Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

Thx Kulata. Time to visit my tailor. The sleeves were very short to my suprise. I didn't know because the shirt sleeves were too short. The button stance def neds to come down.

I do not know that if shoulders can be xtended.

2. kulata

kulata Senior member

What I wrote about the jacket aside from the sleeves are just wishlist items to look out for when shopping. The jacket is fine and tbh i prefer it to the Zegnas 100%. I mean look at the silhouette around the shoulder area. It looks beautiful. Structured suits with roping will serve you well.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014

3. AJL

AJL Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Really wish that last one-W. Bill--had made the cut.

4. Sotiris

Sotiris Senior member

No "cut" necessary - if you can get 7 other people together on it, it can get made anytime (depending on fabric availability of course). I'm potentially interested, but not right now. Maybe next year.

5. AJL

AJL Senior member

@Monkeyface This one looks very similar to another one Greg auditioned for mto: [​IMG] Another option: [​IMG]

6. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I really like the blue, but the rust is really nice as well.

7. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

It's a very versatile cloth, you can dress it up or down quite easily. If I had the money I'd want a jacket like that.

8. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i want a navy windowpane suit so bad. :(

9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

@TweedyProf Here are some pics of the wide pointed knit. I like it a lot, and the weave is just open enough. It actually resembles the Liverano knit quite well, for a fraction of the price.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

yes, brown. @jungleroller (such as this, and not gray...if the original fabrics you were considering were gray).

11. TweedyProf

Oh, those are nice and for $30? Does it say where they are made and of what?

12. TweedyProf

@Monkeyface

Looks like you picked up the Wu printed grenadine too. What's the other grenadine you are wearing, the one with the stripes and in blue?

13. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Yep, if you use the father's day promocode. They're 100% silk. This is what they say about where they're made: "The origin of each product can differ. We source from everywhere and anywhere to offer the best combination of quality and attainability (new passive aggressive word for affordability)."

I think there is less of a difference when it comes to construction between knit ties than there is between regular ties, so I'm not too concerned about where they're made, and certainly not for $30. You can buy 3 of these for the price of one knit somewhere else. I haven't found any other place that offers 3.25" wide pointed knits anyways, besides Liverano.

http://theknottery.com/ties/knit-ties.html

The printed grenadine is from Passagio Cravatte. I picked it up on sale at Exquisite Trimmings a while ago. It wasn't advertised as vintage, so I wasn't expecting that, and the tie is very light weight, extremely well constructed and the silk is lovely. If only Gianni himself practiced honest advertising.

The striped grenadine is a Drakes, also bought from ET a while ago. Probably one of my favourite ties, besides being on the narrow side at 3".

14. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

Probably not. I think my next move is going to be to check out an Eidos Napoli jacket. The local Haberdash in Chicago has them and they seem to be of good make and quality. I just need to see how they fit.

[​IMG]

If this doesn't work out, I agree with your move to check out a blue herringbone or a blue textured SC. I was thinking grey but understand that they're not everyones cup of tea but I'd like to get a grey textured sc one day.

15. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    My pants just ripped when the side pocket caught on to the arm of a chair as I was sitting down!!!
    [​IMG]