1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

There is quite some room in the chest, but the waist is on the slim side. The sleeves are a bit slimmer as well, but still plenty of room. It's a good cut if you have an athletic body type.

2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

The gifs are awesome. This thread is so good.

1 person likes this.
  3. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

What a pity, as it seems as if I'm shying away from it.

Sounds as made to measure for me then, as I have a high drop. Got myself this http://www.styleforum.net/t/406825/nwt-eidos-napoli-dark-brown-check-sport-coat-40r hope it fits. I'm a little concerned with the shoulder width, but the other measurements are spot on. I could do with +0,5" in length, but it's not a deal breaker.

It's trouble to even go by the measurements. For example, the seller states 21,5" chest width (size 40R). I contacted Carson Street, and according to them the chest width on a size 42R is 21". Maybe they're different models, but I doubt that a smaller size would render in +1" circumference difference between two different models from the same maker.

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

If it's a chest measurement under 22.25, then I stand corrected in saying I'm a 42. Even that's pushing it.

5. in stitches

Just want to echo this review on the Eidos Tipo cut. I do not have an athletic body, hence my need to take a little out from the sides/back.

6. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

How would you guys combine the attached SC (pants, shirt, tie, shoes)?[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. in stitches

Solid light blue or white shirt only, solid tie of any complimentary color, almost any pair of brown shoes, and gray or brown or even blue trousers as long as you have proper contrast.

Let the jacket do the talking.

4 people like this.
  8. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Quote:Great advice put in a simple way. My first thought was actually brown trousers. Thanks. I have no experience with SCs this light in color. Thinking of picking it up. Price is $299. While it would fill a gap in my wardrobe, I'm not sure I need it/need to fill that hole.

9. in stitches

My pleasure. Brown trou will be excellent. Probably my first choice if the hue/shade is right.

Light SCs are not super easy, but this one is a beaut. As long as you keep it simple around it and have nice and complimentary colors and textures you should be golden.

Also, that is a super deal. Grab it!

10. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I think I've tried that one on at Bloomingdales, it's very nice, but it was around $500 back then. White or off-white linen trousers with a light blue shirt or eidos polo would look awesome.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  11. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Wow. This is what I miss when I ditch SF for most of the day to go get drunk with my parents.

1 person likes this.
  12. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Glad you mention the SF dreaded blue trousers....they would work well with that jacket if done right. +1 to everything Stitch said....as usual.

2 people like this.
  13. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

14. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Wow what's left of eidos out there is dropping in price. Where?

15. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

16. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

^ I think I'd prefer grey or even brown in that outfit. YMMV.

17. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

Agreed, but that fit was meant as a bit of fun: trying to break as many SF rules as possible, while still achieving an acceptable result. One of those rules of course being SF's no to navy trousers.

18. kulata

kulata Senior member

Brown yes, but grey. No way

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  19. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Might be a weird question, but I'm figuring out the apartment decorations, and I was wondering if anyone know a good place to get suit hangers in Europe? The hanger project charges $60 for shipping, which is reasonable, but it'll probably take a month to get here

20. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I do not understand that shit. Suit hangers being that expensive. I have faux wooden (plastic, but it looks like wood) suit hangers with 3 inch shoulders that I got for 3.50 a pop.

1 person likes this.