1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

When it's good, it's good
    When it's good, it's good.[​IMG]
    Quote: Oh, I like the suede, brogue option then, although a cap toe in suede would be fine too. I'd still go with a tapered rather than rounded toe (cf. the bottom Carmina at unipair versus the others).

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

1 person likes this.
  3. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

4. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

I am drooling over these bad@ss boots...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  5. stormin1

stormin1 Well-Known Member

I have a question regarding suiting advice for my body type. I live in Australia, which means I have to take shipping into consideration as well, and am set to graduate next year from University. I have accepted a role in finance, but in a casual workplace. I am 6ft and weight 90kg (200 lb), with broad shoulders and I believe a jacket size of 43/10. This makes ready to wear difficult. I have one MTM suit, which I'm not entirely happy with, and one sportcoat, which I am fairly happy with, but neither of the MTM makers in my price range locally are able to produce natural shoulders, which I understand would be a perfect match for my frame. My question is, whilst I build my suiting/sportcoat collection, should I begin with altering RTW suits, or go for MTM at a higher price? Further, will a very soft shoulder still look good on me?

I've looked around a bit, and like the look of MaCo suits , or perhaps Suitsupply (no idea if they will fit however) for RTW, as they both offer a natural shoulder and are roughly $650. For MTM, I quite like the idea of Kent Wang, which will run more expensive (I'll assume $900 all up), or P Johnson in Australia - probably $1300-1500. I would greatly prefer to get clothes initially that I will like in a few years time, as opposed to clothes that fill my need now, and I will lose my taste for. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

6. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Sidebar - Thanks again to @Monkeyface for forcing me to get the Eidos jacket from SCS. It arrived today and it is hot fire.

4 people like this.
  7. The Noodles

8. in stitches

9. The Noodles

[​IMG]
    ...not even a peak?

10. in stitches

Pic on phone. Phone is dead. ET no phone home.

11. TweedyProf

It fits you then?

12. The Noodles

@in stitches
    The SHE is saying she wants to clean the bling bling. Can I just take my electric toothbrush and make it sparkle again?

13. in stitches

Yes!

Well, fit is very nice, but a tad snug. Thankfully its totally unlined and there is room to take out by both side seams and the back seam, so it should be a cake walk for my tailor to make it perfect. YAY!!!

Um, yes. But dont use toothpaste. Just warm water lightly soapy. Also, MAKE SURE THE DRAIN IS SEALED!!!!!! Remind me next week to send you some jewelry cleaner.

1 person likes this.
  14. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

2 people like this.
  15. TweedyProf

Patina is quite nice there. I like the toe shape. @Murlsquirl , you should strongly consider these.

16. jungleroller

I tried this one on last night at Haberdash in Chicago. Too tight in my usual 42 and def not long enough, wasn't an "L", but damn the raw silk green herringbone was amazing! They're getting Fall shipments in 1-2 weeks, can't wait!!

[​IMG]

Btw it's still available for anybody in Chicago-land area who wears a 42 regular.

1 person likes this.
  17. jungleroller

Are those Carmina in CXL?

18. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

19. jungleroller

I want to get something in CXL badly. I love the Patina on them after awhile and supposedly they hold up like a tank.

20. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member