1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

As we've seen...

2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Nah, it's a different check. I'll take a better pic later today. They had about 8 of them left, so lots of sizes. You can give term a call or ask in their thread.

3. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

I hope he's okay. Maybe he stopped coming here because I finally admitted that I am a 40R

4. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Better pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  5. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

MF - both are nice, but i think that DB fits you so well, looks awesome one you. not super versatile maybe, but i love it. also, i think the check is a bit close in teh gut and i dont love that button point is so high above your waist.

6. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

Did you see anything from there in 56EU? I'll be in the city this weekend and will likely pop by for a look if time permits

7. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I'm not sure guys. Ask it on the CSC thread, or give them a call. They're a very helpful bunch.

Stitchy, you're right, tht DB is very nice. I might go back tomorrow and get it.

Here are some fit pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  8. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Looks good. Lighter trousers. Stance looks fine. What size are you? True to size?

9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Cheers! 42/52, TTS.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  10. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

Nice pickup, Monkeyface. Fits well and looks good.

1 person likes this.
  11. TweedyProf

MF does it come
    Off as gray? Or clearly navy?

12. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I see mentions of the Lorenzo in here and I thought I'd add my 2 cents. If you can fit in the Tipo (while still breathing) and it's neither too short, too high-gorge and you like the lapels, then stick with it. You'll always find it at good discounts since that's what all the big stores buy.

Lorenzo (and its successor Ciro) is a very different coat and fit altogether. Almost as if it was a different maker entirely. More swelled chest, more room at the waist, lower gorge, wider lapel, very round lapels and quarters. It looks completely different worn too - Tipo looks lean and clean, while Lorenzo looks a bit drapey allover.

Food for thought.... I wouldn't recommend to someone who likes Tipo and feels like it fits him well to wait for the Lorenzo.

1 person likes this.
  13. TweedyProf

Thanks Greg

What if you like the Formosa fit?

14. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

As navy as it gets. The ground is navy, the check is light blue, and the smaller check is orange. The tag says: navy/blue/orange.

You'll have to see it in natural light to appreciate the colours. The lighting inside CSC is terrible, so I always ask if I can take an item outside first. The lighting in my hotel room is very yellow, so it distorts the colours as well.

15. TweedyProf

Cool. I don't remember seeing this there when I was in last week. They had a nice brown marled suit; a strong check coat that might have been gray or green, and the one you picked up last week. Did they get new stuff in?

16. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Nope, it was there 3 weeks ago. They have lots!

17. TweedyProf

Well if you go back, can you snap a few that you think particpiants here might like? I think at $270, that's worth trying even with gorge height.

18. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I will if I have the time, otherwise the CSC guys will happily do it for you. They have 2 brown donegal suits, 3 black watch dinner jackets, a couple of the tan jackets I have, lots of the checked jacket, a couple of washed jackets and a DB house coat.

19. TweedyProf