• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Gorgeous suit, though not exactly conservative business dress. Unless you're the CEO...
wink.gif
Not the CEO, but I wonder if a Director can wear this...
lurker[1].gif

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I feel Noodles should put all his money in his wife's LV wallet for safe keeping until a new Formosa in his size. Doubtful anyone will support the idea of DB suits before you acquire the necessary SB suits.
She's already stashed couple of thousands in cash into her tin can box that she hides from me. I call it the black box. Once it goes in, you never see it again.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aren't you a professional man of numbers, Noodles? Why don't you go hunting on Fleabay for some good suit pickups? Use the chest, shoulder, and length measurements you know fit you. (18 to 18.5 shoulder, and 21.5 inch chest, no?)

Then you can get a NMWA Formosa in the fall.

But you need some cheaper, well fitting suits in the mean time. I'd imagine that your coworkers have noticed that none of your suits fit... What the heck have you been wearing now that you sold your well fitting grey Zegna?

Last edited:

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Aren't you a professional man of numbers, Noodles? Why don't you go hunting on Fleabay for some good suit pickups? Use the chest, shoulder, and length measurements you know fit you. (18 to 18.5 shoulder, and 21.5 inch chest, no?)

Then you can get a NMWA Formosa in the fall.

But you need some cheaper, well fitting suits in the mean time. I'd imagine that your coworkers have noticed that none of your suits fit... What the heck have you been wearing now that you sold your well fitting grey Zegna?
Please refer to WAYWRN to see what I wear everyday.

The measurements on the grey Zegna that you sold me were used to purchase the NMWA suit. All the measurements were spot on. The shoulders, chest, and length. I don't understand why it fits so differently. I felt very comfortable in the grey suit

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, I've really got all the ties I need so I'm willing to just keep one if I win the auction, and share the rest with you guys (of course with no profit). I'm mostly interested in the second one from the right:

Tell me which ones you're interested in and we'll divide them if I win. Also, are all of you US residents? If so, you can share the price for the shipping to the US and it will probably be next to nothing (i.e. I send them to one of you and he ships them to the rest).

I'm also interested in knowing what you're willing to spend so I know how high I should go.

What are the measurements?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I'm not following The grye Zegna that fit you well measured something like 18.5 in the shoulder, 21.5 in the chest (doubled p2p = 43 inches A Formosa 38R measures 18.1 in the shoulders and 41.7 in the chest ---- therefore, it was about 1.25 inches too small in the chest A Formosa 40R measures 18.9 in the shoulder and 43.3 inches in the chest Again, these metrics are just guidelines. Different brands will fit differently. Some might have more room in the front ("drape") or back of the jacket. The NMWA/Zegna measurements explain why the 38R didn't fit you in the chest/waist, and the 40R fit Thinking in terms of measurements will help you get into the best fitting jacket possible if you're buying on the internet http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...-wales-single-breasted-suit-11oz-flannel.html
The measurements on the grey Zegna that you sold me were used to purchase the NMWA suit. All the measurements were spot on. The shoulders, chest, and length. I don't understand why it fits so differently. I felt very comfortable in the grey suit
LL
LL

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@gdl203 does that sound about right?

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The only major difference that I see is in the chest. If so, what if I freaking cut down on the weight. Drop like 15 lbs?

Per NMWA website
NMWA
inch
Chest 41.73
Length 30.31
Shoulder 18.11

Per the measurements you sent me

Grey Zegna
Chest 42.50
Length 30.25
Shoulder 18.25

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Still shows it was a half inch too tight :D

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I say you order two...one for me; one for you.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Then drop 15 lbs, become a stringbean, and stop wringing your hands on this thread about how your 38r's don't fit. :D

The only major difference that I see is in the chest. If so, what if I freaking cut down on the weight. Drop like 15 lbs?

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Per NMWA website
NMWA
inch
Chest 41.73
Length 30.31
Shoulder 18.11

Per the measurements you sent me

Grey Zegna
Chest 42.50
Length 30.25
Shoulder 18.25

You're probably not that fat that it significantly affects your chest, as most men don't deposit their fat on their chest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads