1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Claghorn

Claghorn Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Yeah, but that jacket can't be used in conjunction with other jackets, whereas shirts can. Unless I want to be the mt_spiffy of jackets.

2. Rudals

Rudals Distinguished Member

@kulata
    Question - What's up with the amateur drawing on your face? Why not blur or just white out? [​IMG]

3. kulata

kulata Distinguished Member

4. Claghorn

Claghorn Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Dude, the drawings are one of my favorite parts of Kulata's pictures. They crack me up.

5. Rudals

'Tis is true. He's so consistent with the drawing too!

6. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

I guess then we need to see what your full rotation is if you'd like us to fill in the gaps. Post up, sucka!

7. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

you suck at life.

not my steez, but its nice.

im not a fran of zesty shirts. simple solids, stripes and checks are all that i like. my only idea would be finding some shirts with some kind of texture, like raw cotton or cotton/linen blends.

you have plenty of zesty pants, you are not a huge shoe guy, and i dont like zesty ties either. id say to be patient and some zest in future jackets and suits. get some browns and what not.

8. jungleroller

jungleroller Distinguished Member

Back from Disney. I'm never having kids. :fu:

Whats the consensus on metal buttons, silver probably. I was lookin at a DB on Sierra Trading

[​IMG]

9. Rudals

I hate Disneyland. A few years ago, my foolish friend booked a week long stay at the Disney resort in Orlando for a group of 10 or so grown men and women. I spent half a day at the Magic Kingdom and got so ticked off that I just rented a car and went to Clearwater Beach by myself. I would not go back to Disney even if my kids begged me...when I have them.

Anyways, metal buttons on a suit is bad but on a SC is fine, I believe.

Last edited: May 6, 2014

10. jungleroller

oh yeah I meant strictly sc.

11. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

Just got back from Orlando Saturday. Can honestly say the kids are the only reason we went last week and the only reason we would go again. If I'm going on vacation for me, there are other places I would much rather go.

12. jungleroller

I forgot you said you were going too...Yeah I understand that sentiment. I'm a Disney nerd/ Animator so it has a place in my heart, or I thought it did lol. I just went with my Wife hoping it would be a fun lighthearted, be a kid type of getaway fully expecting some craziness but I underestimated it for sure. I thought I was going in a slow time, week after spring break/Easter but it was still nutty. It was Fun but I'm fucking wiped. Next vacation is going to be a vacation.

13. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Distinguished Member

@jungleroller, metal buttons are perfectly fine on a navy blazer and have been so for a very long time. Brass or gold are a bit more common than silver, but I have a double breasted navy blazer that I had made up with silver buttons that works very well too. Generally you want either the fabric, pocket type or buttons to in some way differentiate an odd jacket vs. a suit jacket, especially something like a solid navy blazer. The metal buttons will clearly show that it is supposed to be an odd jacket and not part of a suit.

14. gringodaddy

gringodaddy Senior Member

^^^ I have blue jackets with brown horn, smoked mop, gold and gunmetal. I wear the gold the least by far.

15. Sotiris

Sotiris Senior Member

I normally refrain from posting anything like this, and I know you still have lots of growing up learning to do, but you should try to not use the above bolded word, especially in this context.