• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if Noodals will make it to his wedding
lol8[1].gif

Don't lose him, Clags!
lol8[1].gif

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Fiance is making me buy a suit in Korea. I am thankful but I feel like I am totally on my own since I don't know any local brands. My tailor just taught me how to look for fully canvassed. But can anyone give me some guidance on how to gauge the quality of fabrics?

Jacket length must cover my seat.
Lapels better be wide.
That's what I will be looking for.

Clags, buy a spanish blue.

I am reluctant to tell a man how to run his jibs, but tha ****? After all of the effort to tighten up your game, you're going to commit to buying a suit on short notice from an unknown source? This is unlikely to end well. Also, there's the matter of precedent. You don't tell her what to wear, she doesn't tell you what to wear. You know, like grown-ups.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also, she's your fiancée (note the second "e").

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if Noodals will make it to his wedding
lol8[1].gif

Don't lose him, Clags!
lol8[1].gif
yes, have a good time, but Clags, make sure he can make the most important event of his life up to this point, with a reasonably clear head.

Rudals, for various reasons, I don't do the alcohol thing, so I hope you will just accept my best wishes in lieu of making you drink more.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright. So. I'm going to be getting another jacket next month. I want it to be blue. Because I like blue more than I like variety. And I want it to be interesting. While also being subtle enough to be worn almost as frequently as your standard navy blazer. So thinking small scale patterns or texture. Please suggest random fabrics, with pictures (of the fabric or of a jacket made of it) so I can get some ideas about what I'd like. Feel free to suggest anything else you want (as in the Spirit of Noodle).

Here is my blue jacket rotation at present. I've done the best to make these true to color.

Linen-wool, 2 patch pocket 3 roll 2

Linen 2 patch pocket

Wool 2 patch pocket

Wool 3 patch pocket

Wool cashmere 3 patch pocket

linen 2 patch pocket

Linen wool 3 patch pocket

wool 2 patch pocket

wool double breasted, peak lapel, flap pocket
How about a barleycorn weave?

Attempt at fabric close-up

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I like that a lot.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
claghorn said:
Well, it isn't really a problem since those are all of jackets I already own. The problem is finding a versatile blue fabric that I don't already own.

It seems like every comment Giani leaves on styleforum is "elegant colors" or "beautiful colors" or "beautiful and elegant colors."

There's not much he doesn't like.:D

Edit: yep, almost robotic: http://www.styleforum.net/forums/posts/by_user/id/156343/page/20

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So, your point is what?

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish the jacket posted above had patch pockets instead.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Crimson, coming out of left field. Yeah. I like that a lot. Something I'll keep an eye out for.

Alright, so the Rudal drink count:
1 beer.
1 whiskey + another drink of his choice
1 shot of goldschlager
1 rum and coke

If you want to buy Rudals a drink for his wedding, PM me with your drink choice and I'll send you my paypal info.

Pictures. Will. Be. Taken.

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I asked at the counter, "Any seat with an empty next to it?" Then I get an isle seat with no one beside me for the entire row.

The ring? I got a size 4.25 and yet it is a bit loose but most importantly SHE loves it. Thank you Stitchie.

I looked at some local suits but I was fairly suprised. No trendy tight skinny lapels or anything. The ones that I looked at was called DAKS and they were fully canvassed and good stuff.

Then I went next door and this sales dude was trying to sell me a shiny suit. I asked him why it had a sheen and he said it is the best stuff and it was Super 160. I said I'd prefer Super 120s and he scoffed at me and said only high school kids wear them. Wtf?!

Reporting live from Seoul.

CLAGS,
How is like 4 pm on Sunday?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads