• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
while i agree with unbel here, i still do try as much as possible to buy items or pick fabrics that are as multi seasonal as possible. now, if i had a bigger closet.....

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You don't really need a bigger closet as long as you're OK with the idea of putting stuff in storage at the end of each season and pulling it out at the beginning. If you can do that, then I think you can make do with less closet space - you don't get bored with stuff as much because you essentially get a new wardrobe every few months. So having fewer things doesn't feel as restrictive.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just wanted leave this here.

I wore this Corneliani tie for the first time yesterday. (Belated St Patricks) It is awesome. Love the colors and scale of the stripes.

The seller has another of the same tie on Fleabay for sale

Highly recomended. Someone should kop. It's the perfect width and thickness if you like a thin FIH tie knot. About 3.35.

TIE IS A WINRAR!!!!

@Rudals
@othertravel
@jungleroller
@TweedyProf
@in stitches

$(KGrHqR,!oQFBZ707,CPBQpI8thqkg~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16NHJGQE9noMZH!FBQpI8zb5ig~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-145-COR...462101149?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item3a8c4f289d

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unbel - I don't really have any viable storage space either, I am certainly not going to pay to store my closing. I don't think it's worth the money and I would never trust the conditions elsewhere.

Jrd - a lovely tie, and you really should start posting fit pics.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Unbel - I don't really have any viable storage space either, I am certainly not going to pay to store my closing. I don't think it's worth the money and I would never trust the conditions elsewhere.

Parkway Cleaners, which is quite careful with conditions (see here: http://parkwaydrycleaning.com/seasonal-storage/) charges $150 per season per box (you can fit up to 20 pieces in a box, so you'll probably only need one). That's really not very much relative to your clothing budget.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unbel, I DO NOT TRUST ANYBODY!

But that is a very fair price indeed, and certainly worth my considering. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Clags, if you want want something in the navy spectrum, how about airforce blue? I'm thinking patchpockets and linen. Would be my favorite summer SC.

I'm idly thinking about adding an airforce, or more likely, steel blue suit to my own summer mix. It's a fairly unusual colour these days, but can tone exceptionally well with the tropical colours you sometimes see in summer, in the same way that light grey can.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ there is a blue undertoned "solaro" which is kind of cool. Can't remember the exact name, but it's a pun on sun vs moon. Monaro, Lunaro or Seleno; something like that.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
leenk? sounds interestng.

I think for a tan summer suit, I'd get the wheat tan fresco from Minnis

^ there is a blue undertoned "solaro" which is kind of cool. Can't remember the exact name, but it's a pun on sun vs moon. Monaro, Lunaro or Seleno; something like that.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got some PS's in the mail today... Pics don't really do them justice, they are gorgeous. The red is a dark burgundy, the blue isn't too bright and the yellow is a very striking gold.

ZrOrUwyfP1qT3D5uNISNuXqZo0vgkHTJJD1JuSXT7Ms=w1043-h429-no

Now to figure out folds and proper combinations... :slayer:

Last edited:

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smiths solaro?

don't care for the red undertone on solaro

It's a polarizing fabric. It is also totally boss to handle in person and the red comes off very well.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads