• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sundance

Reaction score
Just make sure it fits though, which is the crucial issue.

Ay, there's the rub. My Kamakura (40-84 Tokyo Slim) is pretty tight across the shoulders and chest. I'll probably order a size up (41-85) to compare but anticipate that'll be tight on the chest as well. Looks like it's just the way these shirts are cut. And there's nothing in their fuller cuts that comes close to those neck/sleeve measurements. I mean, all things considered this shirt is a fantastic intersection of price and quality - certainly the best I've found so far - but if it doesn't fit there's no helping it.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ay, there's the rub. My Kamakura (40-84 Tokyo Slim) is pretty tight across the shoulders and chest. I'll probably order a size up (41-85) to compare but anticipate that'll be tight on the chest as well. Looks like it's just the way these shirts are cut. And there's nothing in their fuller cuts that comes close to those neck/sleeve measurements. I mean, all things considered this shirt is a fantastic intersection of price and quality - certainly the best I've found so far - but if it doesn't fit there's no helping it.

My issue too. Tokyo slim just a touch too tight. Would go up a size in the hopes to alleviate the tightness at chest/shoulder but sleeves are shorter than I need (If I remember correctly)! That's what I mean about their weird sizing. Still, it's not so bad that for BDs for winter, i.e. under or with a sweater, I wouldn't opt for it in oxford weaves.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stupid question: What is this "roll" you guys are talking about?

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you good sir! I need to pick up some button collar shirts as I have none, surprisingly. That is a pretty sexy roll.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How formal are those?
Very.
Why?
The color, the last, and most of all, they're whole cuts.
Do you dress accordingly?
Not unless you are wearing a lot more city suits than we've seen.

Out of curiosity, why do you want them?

this. unless you dress really formally and wear a lot of sleek city suits, go for a cap toe. seam or punched.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

LL

>
LL
Are the two shirts both Kamakura's. The roll on the stripe is dramatic (I like) but the front of that collar seems higher (which I like too). If so (i.e. both K's) is there a difference in the collar height, front and back?

Edit: Forget it, I think I understand. They aren't the same, hence the ">"

Last edited:

luv2breformed

Reaction score
Are the two shirts both Kamakura's. The roll on the stripe is dramatic (I like) but the front of that collar seems higher (which I like too). If so (i.e. both K's) is there a difference in the collar height, front and back?

No, that is why I put the greater than symbol in between them (maybe it wasn't clear). The left is a kamakura, the right is a brooks brothers.

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am going to ask for your forgiveness but I am going to go off topic and VENT.
What kind of a b!tch congratulates her cousin on her marriage by asking her if the reason for the abrupt wedding is because she is pregnant?!

Then when my fiance responds to her by saying that she will wait until she gets married, the b!tch makes fun of her and calls her old-fashioned or 촌스러워.
My fiance is like a Quaker/Puritan/Nun.
I will make sure that b!tch cousin gets pummeled if she shows up at the wedding.

My apologies for going off the thread's topic but I just needed to vent. I may be over-reacting though.

Last edited:

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bitchez be crazy. get her so drunk she pukes and is miserable then laugh at her and video tape it and post it here for all of us to enjoy.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Noodles, the term you're looking for is "bish".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads