1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

Just as FYI, those jackets are CHAPS from Kohl's (Caustics favorite store).

@Claghorn
    Agree on that Lazio. The pic still is online when you google "noodles lazio suit." And for the record, the TF suit fit me the best, I believe.

Groundhog Day:
    Well then the question now is do I just pull the trigger on the Fxrmxsx sharkskin. Easy access and affordable

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  2. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Noodles. I recommend you do whatever will create the most entertainment value for this thread going forward.

4 people like this.
  3. The Noodles

Your response is something that I have earned with my past behavior. So you can choose to take me seriously or to take me as a goofball living the Groundhog Day.

4. archibaldleach

Can I do both? :)

3 people like this.
  5. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Full price Tom Ford would do that.

6. archibaldleach

Also, Noodles, in all seriousness, you have seen a lot in this thread and have a way better idea of what fits you and looks good on you than you did two years ago. If you like something, get it.

1 person likes this.
  7. The Noodles

Ha! I actually may have made such bad decisions 2 or 3 years ago. I guess I am finally learning from this thread. But I should be sent to NoKo if I did something that stupid.(Note: If you can afford TF at full retail then that's all good. Just saying it would be a stupid act for me).

Yes, I guess I need to grow some and start making decisions like an adult. But just wanted opinions from some people. I guess I am too used to the good old days when my hand was held all the time.

8. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

:nodding:

1 person likes this.
  9. mimo

mimo Senior member

Ah, takes me back to about 900 Groundhog Days ago when we first met...and I gave you some unsolicited advice. That was also the time you became "Noodles". Of course, some people told me I was being harsh, and you weren't coming across that way at all. But I did reiterate it a couple of times.

Anyway, stop whining Noodles. We still love you.

3 people like this.
  10. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

For those who missed it, Noodles in a Lazio:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. The Noodles

@mimo
    Thanks for the kind words. :D

@Claghorn
    Still bitter about not pulling the trigger on this. I am an idiot.

12. mimo

mimo Senior member

It's all relative.

But a picture sometimes tells rather fewer words than are necessary. I have a suspicion that when you move around in this jacket, the shoulder and chest might be a little wobbly. The are more casual, but did you try the Harris, Hudson or Havana? The Madison might also be worth a look if you like a DB. I fear the cheap and cheerful Livorno, which is wonderful, is not available in the US.

Anyway, keep 'em coming. You have provided a great deal of entertainment over the last couple of years. I hope we get to meet one day and mock each other in person.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  13. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Jacket looks too large in the chest and waist and sleeves are billowy. I would strongly recommend that Noodles avoid this fit.

14. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

Well, if you'd stop shopping at Kohl's (which we now have photo evidence of).

1 person likes this.
  15. Caustic Man

Easy alterations.

16. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Noodles and I are not all that dissimilar in build. He's probably an inch taller, and doesn't have my barrel chest. Other than that - not too different.

I do well in certain Formosa blocks. The SuSu Lazio cut works for me too. As does Havana and La Spalla. But not Sienna, for some reason.

Noodles, I think you could do well with Lazio or La Spalla. The latter is pricier but has better fabrics and finish.

1 person likes this.
  17. emynd

emynd Member

I'm confused. I thought Noodles was going to avoid SF for 3 months while he did chin ups?

3 people like this.
  18. Caustic Man

19. The Noodles

Says the guy with 11 posts but joined in 2013? You must be doing a whole lot of chin ups based on your activity. I am still working out so don't worry.

@Coxsackie
    Appreciate your feedback. The LaSpalla is too pricey for me. But I always knew we had a similar build so I have been keeping a close eye on you. [​IMG]

20. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member