1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. GuP

GuP Senior member

Does Aaron have a "Styleforum" eye? Just curious.

2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

3. bigruss

bigruss Member

Hey all, interested in your thoughts on this jacket. Houston and Barcelona are both on the agenda this month and I'm interested in a jacket that will look somewhat put together but will wear light 'n breezy.

I work in a creative/casual industry and it is typical better to be under dressed rather than over dressed and out of place.

I know this is pretty short by CBD standards but how does it look from a cusual, worn unbuttoned with jeans and chinos kind of perspective? More like a blazer shaped jacket than classic tailoring.

Hoping for a @Cotton Dockers kind of thing

Any and all input is welcome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior member

This is a bit short on you, but I certainly don't think it is a dealbreaker (note that I tend towards shorter jackets by SF standards). I like the patch pockets and the fit through the shoulders seems very clean. I think overall it looks pretty good.

1 person likes this.
  5. mimo

mimo Senior member

Dear Noodlers,

Someone called "Kylie Jenner" apparently makes a "lip kit". I don't really know who she is, but she appears to have hypnotised my eldest daughter.

I've checked the website, and in a stroke of marketing cynicism that is right up there with Krispy Kreme in the evil genius stakes, they have choked supply with periodic "re-stocking" to create a teenaged girl frenzy of kop-lust. It's worked. The site is so busy I can't even register to have them sell my email address and spam me for the rest of my life.

Can anyone hook a stylebrother up with some of this crap? Major dad points seem possible.

mimo

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  6. mimo

mimo Senior member

Yeah exactly...plenty of eBay flippers charging $70 for the $15 lipstick, plus $60 shipping...

7. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Says free shipping here...

8. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

$14.99 and free shipping in the link I provided.

Cheers,

Ac

9. mimo

mimo Senior member

Now change the selection to an actual item, and not just a picture ;)

10. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

Ho ho! [​IMG]

Have you tried Amazon? Sellers there often have stuff that's listed as out-of-stock on manufacturers' websites.

Out of curiosity, what is this stuff? Isn't it just lipstick?

Cheers,

Ac

11. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

I have a bit of a different request: My wife is heading to New Zealand today on business, and she relayed to me that New Zealand is known for their merino wool. Does anybody know any stores or brands that offer good value for the money? Is there a specific type of clothing that they're well known for?

I know she'll be in Auckland, but I don't know the full itinerary.

12. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

New Zealand is a beautiful place. I can't think of any stores that were particularly interesting, but I think the most attractive part about it is the scenery anyway. They are certainly known for having a lot of sheep but if anything I would take that as a hint on what to get for dinner.

2 people like this.
  13. mimo

mimo Senior member

Apparently it's "amazing". But as I said, they've played this very slick marketing game of whipping Instagram and whatnot into a frenzy, promoting and packaging the shit out of it, and then selling it solely from their own site in tiny little spurts to enhance the feeling of rarity. My eldest child has now dedicated her life to merely having the chance to drink the Kool-Aid. Hideous. But, well...dads and their daughters...I had to ask just in case someone on here had some unlikely connection.

2 people like this.
  14. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

I guess she heard from a friend that their wool is very highly regarded, so I thought I'd ask her to pick me up a sweater, or if their bedding is popular, a wool blanket, or something like that. I thought maybe there was something that's known to be a good product that she could look for during her time there.

I am definitely bummed about not being able to join her to view the scenery and eat some of their livestock. Maybe one day!

15. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

Don't get me wrong, some nice stuff comes out of NZ, but I'm simply unaware of interesting stores per se. If it were me I'd look for a nice sweater at a local shop. NZ isn't as obsessed with big box stores as we are in the US yet.

16. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

17. venividivicibj

FYI - Kylie Jenner -Kim Karadshians step sister.

Edited -mixed up the sisters

18. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Kind of.... Kendall Jenner is the much more successful/famous runway model. VS, Chanel, Bottega Veneta, Fendi, Givenchy

19. venividivicibj

Damnit. I always mix them up. Kendall is the cute one.