1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

I wanted to avoid the satin facings on the pockets, but I think that was lost in translation. Not a deal breaker.

2. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

This is the irony of MTM/bespoke. You go to get the details, and the details are the things that seem to get lost in translation.

1 person likes this.
  3. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

Wow, lot of good discussions to catch up on.
    [​IMG]
    Demit, it might look like a dress and it can make ur arse look bigger. Don't know much about formal menswear but ventless looks unappealing, just judging from the above picture.

You asked the question and think everyone said NO. I am guessing you are not going ventless anymore?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  4. GuP

GuP Senior member

How's the fit? Suit Supply 38. Do I need a 40r?

iPhone pics but I played around with the editing function to increase light/exposure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. The Noodles

Forget the size, the shoulders look odd. I do not see pulling on the back and sizing up could create bunching around armholes. And the crease behind your neck. Maybe try a different line.

6. GuP

GuP Senior member

Does the lighting/editing make it look worse perhaps?

7. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

I wouldn't bet on that. It's either too small or the cut just doesn't work for you.

8. The Noodles

9. GuP

GuP Senior member

Same jacket. Different lighting. Still no good?

[/spoiler]

38R Hudson

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/quote]

10. Murlsquirl

It's too small.

1 person likes this.
  11. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

I'm going to hold off making the decision until I see how the tux (ventless) fits and feels. But I'll probably go with side vents.

2 people like this.
  12. GuP

GuP Senior member

That's a 38. Those SuSu salespeople wanted me to get a 34! Insane. I could barely move my arms in a 36.

I lost some weight, like 5lbs, between the first post and the second set of pics. Was hoping it would fit better. Guessing I should try a 40r same cut?

13. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

If there is a SuSu in Anaheim I'm going there to fuck with them in August. The need to stop treating their customers like sausage meat.

4 people like this.
  14. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Anaheim? What you doing in Anaheim?

1 person likes this.
  15. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

16. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

Speaking of... I have some SuSu for critique as well. Suit is the wool/silk/linen hudson I posted a while back; blue is a havana hopsack.

These are both 34s, which is the right size for me in more ways than not - I've tried the 32 and 36. And with a dropped right shoulder I expect anything with unstructured shoulders isn't likely to lay perfectly - but I didn't want much structure for summer weight stuff. The brown suit hasn't been tailored and I need to take the sleeves up at the shoulder (which is what may have caused some of the creasing near the armpit on the blue; not sure as I don't remember what it started out like).

If you understandably don't feel like diving into a long-winded critique, let me know whether at my short stature the jackets are just too long. I have shorter legs and a longer torso, so when my arms hang at my sides the bottoms of my thumbs are roughly at the top of my inseam - and these jackets are even a bit longer than that. I could probably shorten them a half inch based on where the patch pockets sit, but that kind of thing seems risky and I'm not sure if it would mess with the quarters/shape too much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  17. Murlsquirl

Definitely not too long. Length looks good. I know that based on the thumb rule it may seem that they are (too long), but visually, they look right...based on those pics.

5 people like this.
  18. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Nice, hopefully its not too hot then. Any sightseeing or just business

19. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

Yeah, camera is at sternum height to try to make them as accurate as possible. If I look at them as objectively as possible I pretty much agree with you, but when wearing the jackets they feel too long. Classic pic vs. wearing it struggle, but given enough time the pics tend to win out.

20. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

I'd say the length is alright. But if they feel too long to you when wearing them, you will be conscious of that and probably won't want to wear them.