1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Yep, that's an accurate description. You're right, it's not best for a strictly summer jacket...better options out there. Thanks for that picture! I've haven't seen that and now I'm even more excited.

2. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

re: houndstooth

I associate it with winter, but I've seen a nice linen-wool houndstooth before and see no (real) reason why it can't be worn in S/S.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

Is yours flannel too?

I think blue or light grey is more appropriate for summer.

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Yeah, it's a beautiful shade of green. I may eventually revisit this decision next Winter, even though I already have two green jackets.

5. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I have a pair of linen houndstooth pants that are great. Would work as a jacket too

[​IMG]

6. venividivicibj

Remember some guys asking about KW wide lapels (also shows roped shoulders)

Here you go. Quick and dirty bathroom pic a-la- noodles

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  7. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

I know you're not a massive guy (40r or so I believe?) so I think it's fair to say the way lapels are not garishly showy, given this pic. I like the roped shoulders more than I would have anticipated as well. It seems as though the actual shoulder padding is still quite light?

8. venividivicibj

Wear a 42 jacket for KW, 40 for most other brands, yeah. The lapels are not as wide/affected as some feared.

Shoulder padding is not stiff by any means - though it is more than the spalla cadente or spalla camicia of Formosa (which was to be expected, being roped shoulders)

1 person likes this.
  9. llamaone

llamaone Senior member

I'm not "imagining" anything. I've had two KW jackets with dark brown horn buttons, and mine are as I previously described. But you don't have to take my word for it. Tell me this dark brown button on the right doesn't look almost black:

[​IMG]
    (Pic is from the KW website)

Anyway, I'm sure there is some variation and yours may indeed be much lighter than mine.

10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

No need to get all combative. I did not realize you have jackets as well. I will take pictures to share sometime this week.

As an FYI, the snippiness doesn't fly in this thread the same as it might in others. This comment is directed to several of your posts, not just this one.

2 people like this.
  11. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

Nope, grey business suit. Tailor is convincing me to go ventless

12. ericgereghty

Please no. I don't like it in any case (tux included, tradition be damned!), but certainly not as it pertains to a standard suit.

3 people like this.
  13. ericgereghty

I think we might be best served to turn down the outrage meter a few notches. Edit: (while) maybe a touch more acerbic than need be, there surely has to be more significant things to get in a tizzy over than llama's tone.

14. sebastian mcfox

Why?

15. llamaone

llamaone Senior member

Not really sure where you guys are coming from. I believe my tone has been perfectly civil. "Combative"? "Tizzy"? "Outrage"? That's being a bit melodramatic, no? :)

16. ericgereghty

This was my point, though perhaps not clearly made. I can see how some of your posts would read as a tad standoffish, but certainly not enough to warrant any concern over it.

17. venividivicibj

Do you plan to sit down at all? But seriously - is there a reason why? It is a fairly unusual thing

18. ericgereghty

For suiting, it just screams early/mid 90s to me. My Dad has quite a few nice suits/sport coats like this, and it is just a look I have never felt, nor have I felt comfortable wearing.

Also, I have a fairly big ass for my body (stupid compound exercises lol), so I find it near impossible to go ventless without looking a tad silly.

19. venividivicibj

He clearly acknowledged that your attitude was not that bad. No need for the happy face emoticon.

20. sebastian mcfox

Yes. I was told if the suit was cut properly then manoeuvrability, including sitting down, wouldn't be an issue.