• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GuP

Reaction score
Any comments on the 5 shirts fabrics I selected?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What type of style?

Looking for something like this
cutler-_-gross-m0822-b-hd-2.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We need a better way to organize all the information that's here to be honest. Right now it's kind of scattered and we can't really expect people to read the whole damn thread or guess what the correct search terms are for a lot of this stuff.

Thats what the researchers are for!

Any comments on the 5 shirts fabrics I selected?

Could you re-post with pics instead of links? I think that will bring the replies. Internets peeps are lazy, and asking people to open 5 links and wait for them to load and look at them (like, a whole 60 seconds) is an excersize in futility.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking for something like this
cutler-_-gross-m0822-b-hd-2.jpg

Is this close?

http://oliverpeoples.com/shop/men/optical/ndg-rx#ndg-black

I hate saying Oliver Peoples because it's a pretty obvious one but I do think they make a lot of frames close to that style.

Edit to add 1 more option from a less "mainstream" eyeglasses maker:

http://www.saltoptics.com/products/freddy-mattespicybrowngradient/frames/freddy-blackfog

I'll stop there in case there's something about those you don't like.

Last edited:

velomatt

Reaction score
Question for you guys. I need to refresh/add to my collection of trousers.

These are what I've got now, though three of them have front pleats and I'm looking to replace/add some more modern looking trousers.

From these, can you see anything that I should be adding first? Dollar was an attempt to give some color perspective, but with the flash, I think it didn't work.

I was thinking about the following two from Epaulet. Any help is appreciated.

Grey Hopsack Wool - Walt Trouser
Java Hopsack Wool - Walt Trouser

I am also headed to Kittery Maine in the near future (which has a Brooks Brothers factory store, among others)

Any help is appreciated.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
velomatt, the two you're thinking about are both good, solid additions. If you check the Epaulet sale page, there's a very similar light grey hopsack on sale, though sizes are dwindling.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine flannel in the summer ever being comfortable.

As far as attending a graduation, either of those seem fine and chances are you'll still look a little overdressed in the crowd.

I'm the one graduating, from graduate school. Also, it's at Lincoln Center in Manhattan, so I think people may be more dressed up than usual. It's also during the morning, so that may also decrease the level of formality.

GuP

Reaction score
Shirt Fabrics:

1. White oxford

2. Blue University Stripes Linen

3. LINEN_WHITE_BLUE_WINDOWPANE

4. JAK_CT_LN_BLUE_04

5. Black white gingham

GuP

Reaction score

I'm the one graduating, from graduate school. Also, it's at Lincoln Center in Manhattan, so I think people may be more dressed up than usual. It's also during the morning, so that may also decrease the level of formality.

Congrats! What kind of school if you don't mind sharing?

Lincoln center is a great place - I ran into Spike Lee there once at some show.

GuP

Reaction score

Thats what the researchers are for!
Could you re-post with pics instead of links? I think that will bring the replies. Internets peeps are lazy, and asking people to open 5 links and wait for them to load and look at them (like, a whole 60 seconds) is an excersize in futility.

Reposted!

velomatt

Reaction score
velomatt, the two you're thinking about are both good, solid additions. If you check the Epaulet sale page, there's a very similar light grey hopsack on sale, though sizes are dwindling.

Damn, those do look good. However, not even in my wildest dreams* will I be fitting into a 31 inch waist. Thanks for the link though, I'll keep an eye for something similar in that shade.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NickInTO

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll have a look

Worth checking out Warby Parker as well. Not sure if they're your style, but if there's something you like they're a great value. I've worn glasses for 20 years, and they're as good or better than any I've ever had.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads