• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gonna be living out of a 50L backpack for the next two months. Beyond excited.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
I think I like this.
0312135_1.jpg

@claghorn
Here is the Kent Wang trouser. Hope it looks fine.

Last edited:

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
Got you. Similar line color and pattern but in charcoal gray.

Oh by the way, I elbowed my wife (accidentally) right in the cheek bone and had to stop watching Game of Thrones.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Will do. The waist is taken in 1/2", that's the only thing done to them.

@Murlsquirl

Thanks. If I understand correctly, you sent them a HY USA fit that had the waist taken in 1/2 inch? I take it you are happy with the replication?

I'd have to let it out 1/2 inch to the normal HY sizing. Then the length. But if replication is good, that would be a nice alternative.

PM me your order number and any details. Thanks.

BTW: you and your crazy drop.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@The Noodles

Looks good from the front tho side and back views needed to assess fit on all dimensions. But reasonable fullness in leg while looking slim. Pockets seem to lie flat. Not bad for RTW.

I guess only fabric issue is you opted for a mid grey worsted trouser? Any texture to the material?

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
Thx for the feedback. It's just smooth.

Also, can someone recommend me a good pair of jeans? Or I just might go back to Diesel.

Last edited:

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Apropos the grey odd jacket, this color scheme seems to me more than fine (ignore the many elements contributing to noise like textures, casualizing elements, shoes, etc....focus on color of jacket and trousers):

The man from Tailorable, from his tumblr.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thx for the feedback. It's just smooth.

Also, can someone recommend me a good pair of jeans? Or I just might go back to Diesel.

Something to think about (I have a smooth mid grey odd trouser too) is that the issue with orphaned trousers arises here as it does for smooth worsted navy trousers. I prefer some texture now, so if wool for summer, than hopsack, fresco.

But if the fit is good, wear in good health with navy blazer.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apropos the grey odd jacket, this color scheme seems to me more than fine (ignore the many elements contributing to noise like textures, casualizing elements, shoes, etc....focus on color of jacket and trousers):

The man from Tailorable, from his tumblr.

There is obvious generalized forum resistance to blue pants and "northern lights." In my experience, the two together can be a winning combination. An example of two "forum wrongs" making a right.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You can try 3sixteen and Rogue Territory. I wear those two. Obviously pricey,but very nice, and Rogue Territory is all handmade by a guy here in Los Angeles.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This has one of my pet peeves on it. I hate it when people match their tie or shirt directly with their pocket square. People on TV (ESPN announcers/anchors, athletes, news media, etc) do this all the time. I dont know why their 'style consultants' AKA people who dress them, do this. Its so matchy matchy, the square is supposed to be a complement, not a direct copy.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
Ha! This is the tailorable dude? I called and called to go to this place when I was looking for my wedding suit. It seemed like they had very irregular working hours.
Anyone have suits from them?

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There is obvious generalized forum resistance to blue pants and "northern lights." In my experience, the two together can be a winning combination. An example of two "forum wrongs" making a right.

Yes, I don't understand injunctions against blue trousers or northern lights, though for many I do think it's just a preference.

But there are cases where navy or blue trousers look great, indeed with the right grey jacket...a nice example from Alan See at some point which came up in this discussion a year ago. I can't be bothered to look at the gallery to find it. In my pedantic way, I think I said the pic provided an existence proof that navy trousers can look good with odd jackets.

This is where the ideas of advice versus norms get confused in the forum, to the detriment to those who are just learning the ropes.

It would be great, if Mr. Six is up for it, to have a few shots of that beautiful Formosa with different trouser combinations, for all our edification.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads