• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score

I understand the general preference, but that doesn't make it logical to sell every tie that could in theory be slightly better for a heavy discount so you can buy something that you might like a little bit better. If you want the Vanda, buy it as well. Besides, you have way more pressing needs than getting a POW tie that is slightly more ideal than the one you have now. A certain amount of buying and selling (even if the latter is at a discount) can make sense, but this just strikes me as frivolous. Just my two cents.

By the way, thanks for always giving very good advice. I have long appreciated it. Of course, this goes for others too.

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm seeking a little assistance in the jacket fit department. All of my current suits and sport coats have natural, little to no padding shoulders. Does this Canali which has structured and padded shoulders fit? It feels like the edge of the padding goes about a half inch past my natural shoulder. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
need more pics/move your arms around to tell. But it shouldn't matter how much padding it has, it it fits very well, and you like it.

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I'll snap a few more pictures. I love the fabric but I'm just not used to the cut I suppose.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Soju vs Sake
Korean vs Japanese

The Japanese proudly make Soju too.

smile.gif

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I'll snap a few more pictures. I love the fabric but I'm just not used to the cut I suppose.

Before you do, change your camera position. Point it horizontally at about mid-chest level to start.

Cheers,

Ac

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should also be wearing a dress shirt...can't tell fit without one on

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very Tru. Or get tailored.

Just the wash is not great, length too. Some dark plain wash denim would be miles ahead and the lacoste polo in this context is a bit daggy dad (speaking as a dad).

Here is my reason. But feel free to convince me otherwise.

The 3.5 width pow is a Jacquard and Vanda is offering a woven Pow. I personally like woven ties better.

Jacqaurd is woven. What's the difference between your 2.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tangent: I know grenadine is a type of jacquard, so what do we mean when we say "jacquard" colloquially? Like what Thomas Pink et al use a lot.

I once mispronounced "tangentially" as "tangenitally" in front of a class. No one seemed to notice. So I deliberately mispronounced it a second time. I think a few people noticed.

Last edited:

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
@Henry Carter
The tie that I possess is jacquard and has a brushy feel to it. My limitation in language hinders me to give an accurate description.

The tie that I ordered (then canceled) says it is woven. My assumption is that this tie will have a woven feel to it. Close to Grenadines. It will have texture and not a fine smooth feel to it.

I have purchased Diesel jeans but I think it is about time I switched. I am even more terrible on CM.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can we get a group shot of your tie collection noodles?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
purpose: to provide recs based on gaps in your collection :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads