• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We've had MBA dudes from Wharton and Stern...not always the brightest when it came to work and presenting.

LOL. Some people just don't like/aren't good at presenting
peepwall[1].gif

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wharton takes a zillion people a year. Some will be turds with a family connection.

rms340

Reaction score
I had my first Suit Supply experience today. Stopped by the one in Dallas that's inside Stanley Korshak. I went into the Men's suit section and was overwhelmed and drooling over all the Kiton, Isaia, and other high end menswear, but then was told all the Suit Supply stuff was in the 'modern menswear' section across the way. The SA's were a lot more friendly over on the SuSu side, probably because they were more around my age and the old men in the high end wear saw a 20-something year old (I honestly look like I'm 20 years old even though I'm 27) and thought I didn't know anything about anything over there. Ended up buying a tie and PS, but I was impressed by the clothes and price point.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
LOL, I was waiting for pictures to load.

I don't know Stanley Korshak, but I am guessing it is kind of like NM. When my wife and I went to NM's Chanel section, a SA lady (Korean b!tch) arrogantly looked us up and down (I was in jeans and hoodie and puma sneakers) at first. Then when she was asked if they had a particular model, she laughed disrespectfully and responded, "Honey, that's an old model and we don't sell that. Get up to speed. C'mon!" I wanted to slap that ugly b!tch back to Seoul.

rms340

Reaction score

LOL, I was waiting for pictures to load. 

I don't know Stanley Korshak, but I am guessing it is kind of like NM. When my wife and I went to NM's Chanel section, a SA lady (Korean b!tch) arrogantly looked us up and down (I was in jeans and hoodie and puma sneakers) at first. Then when she was asked if they had a particular model, she laughed disrespectfully and responded, "Honey, that's an old model and we don't sell that. Get up to speed. C'mon!" I wanted to slap that ugly b!tch back to Seoul.

Haha whoops! These are the 2 things I bought:

Honestly, I just posted here to vent about the SA's. I was wearing jeans and a casual plaid shirt, so I probably didn't look like I knew about suits, but it was a bit annoying that no one acknowledged me when I walked in. I think Stanley Korshak is only in Dallas and it is extremely high end, and in a rich part of town.

One thing I did notice about SuSu was that the ties & pocket squares loot different in person than on the website. The colors on the website don't depict the actual color of the ties/PS IRL . And I wish the ties were a bit wider. I can't really complain though, it's still a pretty good value though for a mid-20s student like me.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why SAs treat people based on looks. Sometimes they even look down on customers who are dressed poorly. Why? The people who shop there probably make more money than them. No disrespect to good hard working SAs.

2 gentlemen walk into the store. One dressed in a polo shirt, shorts, and flip flops. The other gentleman is in a full suit. The former is some rich exec and the latter is his driver. Bam!

Last edited:

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because a SA wants to minimize time spent with tire-kickers. Sure they might miss out on a sale, but on average it might work.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
Tire kickers...hmmm...if I have no intention of buying then
#1 I won't even go out
#2 If I do go out, then I won't even ask and let them know that I am just looking.
Bam!

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why SAs treat people based on looks. Sometimes they even look down on customers who are dressed poorly. Why? The people who shop there probably make more money than them. No disrespect to good hard working SAs.

2 gentlemen walk into the store. One dressed in a polo shirt, shorts, and flip flops. The other gentleman is in a full suit. The former is some rich exec and the latter is his driver. Bam!

Sounds great, how many many times does that actually happen? If these guys are being paid on commission, then they need to find out who they can sell to, who is actually interested in purchasing rather than 'just browsing', and more likely than not, its not the guy walking up who looks like he just got out of the gym.

Last edited:

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
Uh...when I go to NM, I always see fat old dudes in a polo shirts, shorts, and flip-flops. Of course this is during weekends.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uh...when I go to NM, I always see fat old dudes in a polo shirts, shorts, and flip-flops. Of course this is during weekends.

Who tends to have more money, fat old dudes, or mid 20 year olds?

Whether you like their attitude or not (and their attitude is indeed wrong), there is a legitimate reason behind it.

Last edited:

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
Mid 20 year olds!
- They can max out credit cards!
- They have no mortgage!
- They have no wife!
- They have no children!

I love this tie that Vanda just put up.
dog-motif-necktie.jpg

jssdc

Reaction score
Generalizations about MBA programs abound! FWIW, when comparing tier 1 to tier 2 (I don't know what rankings number, or from which source, separates these groups, but I'm sure it's not 15) median salary might be the main KPI but I think it's probably ultimately less meaningful than salary range or distribution. At the top schools the salary range will be much tighter and the distribution will cluster around the median, whereas at a tier 2 school one guy comes out making the same as someone from HBS but some of his colleagues get $60k,

Also, the rumour that b school is less work than other programs I personally found 100% true. My masters was at least twice as much work as my MBA.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tire kickers...hmmm...if I have no intention of buying then
#1 I won't even go out
#2 If I do go out, then I won't even ask and let them know that I am just looking.
Bam!
If everyone in the world acted like you
#1 the Internet would be more entertaining
#2 SAs wouldn't stereotype

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads