1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

I think the lighter suede is known as "Fox" - and the toe treatment is nicer. I'm not a fan of the gum soles (or whatever they are called) but obviously that ain't relevant to this discussion.

Pulled a few shots off google of non-boot polo suede in non-denim fits - and I'm still not convinced the color is exceedingly versatile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. colco

colco Senior member

^^What do you regularly wear that those color suede shoes can't be worn with?

3. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

With respect to the slightly reddish "polo" suede, here are two pairs of mine:

Buday:
    [​IMG]

Vass:
    [​IMG]

They are fantastic in the summer with lighter grays and beiges. I love love love the color.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    5 people like this.
  4. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

What am I like the black death?
    Why is everyone say "while I don't agree with Noodles..."
    C'mon people.

5. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Are you still here? For fucks sake, stop bitching.

6. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Yep. The Noodles/Formosa topic is getting really, really old. And the last couple of pages's worth of comments on the subject were mostly made by others, not Noodles.

So just leave the guy alone. He made a mistake, he accepts that, seems to me he's moved on. So should we.

Regarding those shoes, seems to me the pebble-grain STBs are slightly more formal than the suedes. And I really dislike that last pair in mustard suede - the colour just looks really off in that photo. IRL it might be different I guess.

3 people like this.
  7. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

Says the retard perv who contributed nothing on this forum and IS THE ONE who is bitching.

Get your perv ass outta here and keep posting pix of hot ladies who's never gonna look at your ugly ass.

8. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

I really like both of these trousers. Anyone know what type of fabric they may be?

9. colco

colco Senior member

Fuck me, looking at all these yummy suede shoes confirms that I may well never buy another pair of calf shoes again (provided the ones I own last the rest of my life).

2 people like this.
  10. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

I'm with you on that @colco

you should start here

11. colco

colco Senior member

sexy, Darkside. I believe my next shoe purchase however is Alden snuff chukka [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Not a fan of red-brown suede. Nothing wrong with it, I just don't care for it. I also wish Carmina did more with the Robert last and less with Forest. Forest is fine but Robert is similar and I think much nicer looking (I have both).

13. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Second one looks like they could be donegal

14. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Soller looks pretty nice. I do agree, snuff suede >> red brown suede

15. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

I love suede. I also want a pair of split toe bluchers. But for the life of me I can't understand the appreciation for the suede split toes shown in this thread (my preference is pebbled grain). I don't like the way the stitching looks against the suede, but maybe I just need to see a pair in a chocolate brown to get the appeal? It's especially strange because I happen to like the Alden suede split toe boots I've seen. Folks, please keep posting more photos to help me figure this out!

(Also Darkside, I'd so be in but I already have a similar pair of chocolate suede oxfords from Carmina, and I love them - their suede is incredible!)

16. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

Mine get worn all the time (including tonight). I need a better photo.
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  17. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Please stop. You did something dumb, and people are going to razz you about it for a while. Then people will forget, for the most part. Occasionally, someone will still bring it up. That's life. Just deal.

3 people like this.
  18. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

Noodlers et al, need some confirmation: this, with green tweeds and brown wool/grossa grenadine ties, in the fall and winter?

[​IMG]
    Thanks!

19. kulata

kulata Senior member

It will work if the collar was more interesting :D ------- Looks like russian calf beats pebble grain. St Crispin's [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Question for tailoring. What would be an approx cost for having the waist and seat let out in a trouser? Obviously there is a tailor thread but figured didn't want to get into a huge discussion with pictures and why the alterations are needed.

Also if anyone has recommendations in the Bay Area prefererably in the South Bay area :)