• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The GNAT Report
Inaugural Trans-Tasman Power Summit and Executive Measure-Up

Featuring: @jfrater , @Coxsackie and @incontro

jfrater jetted in to Sydney this morning in his Brioni twelve-seater (one of three he recently thrifted on the Bay) and was motorcaded straight to Bijan's atelier for his appointment with Incontro, Fitter To the Stars. Your intrepid GNAT Reporter was on hand to capture all the action in this set of relaxed and intimate images, world-exclusive to TGR.

Fabric selection -

The measure-up commences -

...and continues -

Narrow-focus "art" snap inserted as gratuitous filler -

Master Fitter and happy client -

I love getting my photo taken standing next to celebs -

I was talked out of donegal (perhaps not ideal for the Australian climate, unless you live in Ballarat) and instead steered towards a medium-weight POW with blue overcheck -

From this august fabric house -

The actual commissions are very much on the QT, very hush-hush. However I can confirm that my own project was inspired by this image -

Remember: you heard it first...on The GNAT Report!

jssdc

Reaction score
Also what's style forums opinion on flip flops? I ask because fro the summer i have (in my opinion) the best flip flops on the planet and i think they are great for everything casual they even performed fantastic on steep rocky ground as i walked into a crag, they can do just about everything and any thing provided i don't have to wear a suit. http://shop.reef.com/reef-jbay/d/1161_c_106

I wear flips when I take the kiddos to the beach on the weekends, which is most weekends as weather nearly always permits and the journey involves nothing more than taking the lift to the ground floor of the building. So I suppose I wear them quite frequently. That said, I don't think they look great and don't wear them otherwise, they're just practical for that limited purpose. Also, I lean towards something more basic like Havaianas - all-terrain looking flip flops like Tevos or the ones you linked to I'm afraid I really don't like.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Coxsackie , thanks for a brilliant post!!! And you picked a beautiful cloth, can't wait to see the result! What did our Big Shot @jfrater choose?

sebflynn

Reaction score
I wear flips when I take the kiddos to the beach on the weekends, which is most weekends as weather nearly always permits and the journey involves nothing more than taking the lift to the ground floor of the building. So I suppose I wear them quite frequently. That said, I don't think they look great and don't wear them otherwise, they're just practical for that limited purpose. Also, I lean towards something more basic like Havaianas - all-terrain looking flip flops like Tevos or the ones you linked to I'm afraid I really don't like.
hardly all terrain once there on all you see is a nice leather strap, that being said they cost me 60 pounds or 80 usd.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great post Cox! Keep 'em coming!

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks very similar to the POW from Eidos that NMWA carried. Hard to go wrong with a Fox Brothers fabric - enjoy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads