1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

^Right.
    We in, South Korea, have gotten fed up with getting misleading, infected, dangerous products from China that they try to avoid buying at all cost and prefer to pay a little more for made in homeland.

APPLE?
    Majority of the parts are manufactured in countries other than CHINA and assembled in CHINA.
    See this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  2. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

How do people feel about all the factories along the DMZ? Are consumer goods for sale in SK produced elsewhere in NK?

3. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

Better proportions on most SuSu jackets than the typical Ludlow. Also Ludlow seem to only work for rail thin sorts, if you work out a lot or aren't in great shape SuSu works better.

4. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Suit Supply also sells models with normal sized lapels. Does JCrew?

5. The Noodles

I think this experiment in Kaesong, NK has been a failure. Koreans hate it when people play around with information. Also, these factories are pretty much run by SoKos.

6. jssdc

jssdc Senior member

The "you don't know what you're going to get with MIC" argument isn't overly compelling if there are other trust factors associated with the brand. KW, for instance, is at least as high quality as a number of brands with different final assembly points (although not Formosa), and I'm willing to assume that BB isn't selling junk either.

I'm also skeptical that the Italian-made brands discussed on this forum are not sometimes final-assembly window dressing. I'm sure that Formosa is not, and I respect the heritage associated with what they do, but I don't have any reason to assume that about one's run of the mill Canali or Corneliani.

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

@Murlsquirl About your comment on how Formosa 'break' in - - Should I not alter the waist at all before wearing a few times? Or are you saying to just be conservative with initial alterations?

8. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

If it looks fine without it, I would wear it for a bit. Plenty of people head straight to the tailor, but I tend to wear my stuff a few times taking it in for alterations.

1 person likes this.
  9. The Noodles

I think we wants pictures!

10. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Of what?

11. The Noodles

• venividivicibj's Formosa pix. Fine! I'll just go to his album and look. [​IMG]

12. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I believe they have a new cut that is for more athletic proportions. I'm a pretty big fan of j crew's stuff all around. I have a feeling the bulk of my wardrobe in school will come from them due to the price. Hopefully, I'll be able to swing for a suit supply suit for residency interviews if my BBGF suit gives up the ghost by then. Given that it currently needs mending and a small reweave... I think that day will come sooner than I'd hope.

13. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

My initial try on of the Grey Fresco Formosa:

[​IMG]

Haven't taken any good one's yet (post-hemming/adding buttons sleeve on etc). No other alterations have been done yet (no waist, etc)

3 people like this.
  14. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Lol. You missed a belt loop.

2 people like this.
  15. The Noodles

^ I realized it as I was taking a leak [​IMG]

Came back from the tailor. He was off 3/4 of an inch. How is he worse than my neighborhood tailor?! I knew he measured in a hurry so I kept on telling him no breaks. And today I walk for 20-30 minutes from the office to find out that there is a FULL FREAKING BREAK! I'll get my trousers once he fixes both and never go back. The KW trousers looked lovely with the above shirt and tie.

I would leave the waist alone. Let the suit break in if you haven't before doing more alterations.

I didn't break in my suits because they hanged in my closet for 3 months or so.

16. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Noodles, I suspect this tailor has done you a favor. From what I've seen of those pants, they are not the right cut for "no break".

17. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

We need some crotch pics to determine.

18. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Is it me or does Noodles have more issues getting trousers altered than anyone else on the history of SF?

2 people like this.
  19. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

Just issues in general.

20. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

MiC vs MiI:

Given an absence of information (information asymmetry), I'll go Italy over China (screening). But if we have information, there is no reason (besides possibly political or ethical co siderations) to pay any attention to where something is made.

Out of curiosity (because changing your mind is a windmill I don't want to charge at), Noodles, would you buy a slightly inferior product which is MiI and pass up a slightly superior product which is MiC?

Also, suspenders make it easier to get the break/no break you desire

2 people like this.