1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

good interior design sites/mags?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by DerekS, Jul 11, 2011.

1. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

Me and my fiance are moving into a new place this month. Sold everything and starting from scratch....looking for some decent magazines or websites to give me some ideas. thinking something really sleek and modern....tired of the old victorian style.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

2. xchen

xchen Senior member

www.apartmenttherapy.com

particularly some of the DIYs - not sure what kind of budget you're on but the IKEA Rast hack looks epic. My fiance and I did 2 nightstands for the bedroom and they seriously look waaaaaaay nicer than $30.00 nightstands. I put some modern drawer handles on them and the look is super clean.

Also, cb2 is your friend if you want sleek and modern.

3. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

www.apartmenttherapy.com

particularly some of the DIYs - not sure what kind of budget you're on but the IKEA Rast hack looks epic. My fiance and I did 2 nightstands for the bedroom and they seriously look waaaaaaay nicer than $30.00 nightstands. I put some modern drawer handles on them and the look is super clean.

Also, cb2 is your friend if you want sleek and modern.

awesome. budget isnt really set....obviously would like it as little as possible, so i can spend the rest on a new watch. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

and cb2 needs to chime in on some help. [​IMG]

4. Siwash

Siwash Senior member

5. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

I like this site;

http://www.contemporist.com/

great site.....the Zamel house is EXACTLY what I lust after.

6. Siwash

Siwash Senior member

great site.....the Zamel house is EXACTLY what I lust after.

Me too...how wide do you think that pool is? 12'?

7. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

Me too...how wide do you think that pool is? 12'?

actually i think youre probably pretty close....its narrow for sure...absolutely stunning though.

8. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

9. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have read or viewed on a regular basis for 20+ years Elle Decor, Elle Decor UK, Elle Decoration (FR) and Maison Francaise (FR) . I think all of these are inspirational and give you great insight into upcoming trends, interesting color options and exciting new ways to mix and match styles.

In addition look around the design blogs.

10. worldrunner

worldrunner Senior member

quality thread right here

11. guest

guest Senior member

I have read or viewed on a regular basis for 20+ years Elle Decor, Elle Decor UK, Elle Decoration (FR) and Maison Francaise (FR) . I think all of these are inspirational and give you great insight into upcoming trends, interesting color options and exciting new ways to mix and match styles.

In addition look around the design blogs.

i like elle decor too and the spanish architectural digest.

12. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

http://thebrickhouse.tumblr.com/ http://www.the-brick-house.com/ (non tumblr version of the one above)
    These two are the best posted. Great stuff. Apartment Therapy is a community of fascists. Everything is over-decorated with stupid little trinkets of bourgeois Portland narcissism. Who the hell would write an entry about accessorizing your living room with a bar cart? What a vacuous approach to living. Don't forget to add a stupid apple statue on top. [​IMG] Habitus and Vogue Living are good magazines.

13. xchen

xchen Senior member

14. xchen

xchen Senior member

Apartment Therapy is a community of fascists. Everything is over-decorated with stupid little trinkets of bourgeois Portland narcissism. Who the hell would write an entry about accessorizing your living room with a bar cart? What a vacuous approach to living. Don't forget to add a stupid apple statue on top.

While some of the posts could be quite bad, not everything is over decorated. I would think anyone who had even a remote eye for design would be able to separate the good from the bad.

15. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

I would think anyone who had even a remote eye for design would be able to separate the good from the bad.

Apartment Therapy should find some of them to edit their website.

16. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

17. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

www.cb2.com is a store, not a poaster [​IMG]

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! [​IMG]

now thats some funny shit. Thanks man. [​IMG]

18. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

While some of the posts could be quite bad, not everything is over decorated. I would think anyone who had even a remote eye for design would be able to separate the good from the bad.

agreed. I found some great stuff there. Im not looking to reproduce the room, just pulling some good ideas together that im not well learned enough to do on my own

19. DerekS

DerekS Senior member