• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good/Healthy Shampoos?

poissa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nakokoro
any good suggestions for non-scented, SLS free shampoos?

Dr. Brommers is the nuts. My sister introduced me to the hippie stuff and its oh so good.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
I've been using Malin and Goetz Neroli. I've been rather pleased with it.
I've been using this brand, too. It's pretty great.

What I like most about Malin & Goetz's Neroli Shampoo is what it doesn't do. It doesn't get too sudsy, it doesn't smell flowery, it doesn't stay in my hair after I use it, and it doesn't strip my hair.

This shampoo has a lovely consitency that's just right for me. It's not too thick, and it's not runny or watery. Malin & Goetz got the viscosity just right, and even better, they've created a shampoo that cleans my hair without drying it. So, I can use it every day.

My Malin & Goetz Neroli Shampoo doesn't foam up, which I appreiciate. Foam doesn't mean clean. I like that it's effective at removing my leave-in conitioner from my hair and scalp at the end of the day. I'm also quite happy that it has a soft, neutral smell. I'm allergic to everything, so I don't like body and hair products that contain chemcials or that have heavy aromas, even if they're plant based.

I only need a small amount of this shampoo to wash my hair, so this bottle has lasted (and will last) a long time.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
malin & goetz neroli for $20 or aubrey GPB for $17?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use a cleansing conditioner rather than shampoo. It's a knock off of the Wen hair system and costs around 1/4th the price. It's in a pump bottle and looks like thick conditioner.

O/T - Check out this hottie (yes, the chick in the chair). Even for LA standards she's quite fine.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That's hilarious! The hair dryer is a "heating element" and is basically heating the hair. Then, the "twisting" and using the round brush is acting just the same as a curling iron would and curling the hair.

Plus, why use a "cleansing conditioner" and then use a hair dryer to dry your hair (which "damages" the hair)?

I also believe that not using SLS is another marketing ploy by hair companies. It's just silly.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I use a natural tea tree shampoo from Trader Joe's (Tea Tree Tingle); it may be too drying for some, but it works well for me, and I have dry scalp.Sodium laureth sulfate is for car wash soap.
Research showed that SDS is not carcinogenic when either applied directly to skin or consumed
This chemical really isn't dangerous as this quote from your link says. Unless, of course, you leave your shampoo on your scalp for hours at a time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads