• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Fits and Storage for Common Projects

TexasJBD

Reaction score
I have a couple pairs of Achilles Mids that I'm all about, but I'm not always sure the best way to pull them off. Also, what's the best way to take care of them? Can I let them get a little scuffed up or do I try my hardest to keep them looking new? Any suggestions, thoughts, I'd love yall's feedback.

ryannn

Reaction score
Wear your shoes like shoes... and stop making new threads to ask questions.

Edit: not you specifically but you as in generally to all the people making new threads with simple questions

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...... worst thread of the year

HHT

Reaction score
I have CPs and they are dirty LOL

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TexasJBD
Sorry, I'm new. What was wrong with my question?

1. there's a small questions thread
2. are you seriously asking how to wear sneakers?

TexasJBD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
1. there's a small questions thread
2. are you seriously asking how to wear sneakers?

1. The name of this website is "style forum." In fact, listed in the description of this specific forum is, "Discussion of... sneakers." Would ya believe it?

2. I'm not asking how to wear my sneakers. I was trying to start a "discussion" on looks yall are partial to with a certain type of sneakers.

3. If you're just going to ridicule people that ask for the opinions of others on style, somebody please send me to a website that would be glad to discuss such topics with me.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how do i pull off sneakers?

how do i dress myself?

these are equivalent questions

i am partial to clothes with my sneakers, clothes of any type except workwear i think.

dragonxking

Reaction score
i like cps with narrow hem'd denim/trousers
don't worry about keeping them clean because I think they look great with age

if you must, the best cleaner i've used is Shoe MGK, and they also sell stain/water repellent spray which works quite well...

TexasJBD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragonxking
i like cps with narrow hem'd denim/trousers
don't worry about keeping them clean because I think they look great with age

if you must, the best cleaner i've used is Shoe MGK, and they also sell stain/water repellent spray which works quite well...

Thank you dragon. This is all I was looking for. I appreciate it.

TexasJBD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
how do i pull off sneakers?

how do i dress myself?

these are equivalent questions

i am partial to clothes with my sneakers, clothes of any type except workwear i think.

I disagree. I am used to wearing drivers, boat shoes, boots. I'm new to the sneaker look, I'm not new to dressing well. Certainly you see the difference.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whats the "sneaker" look? did your mom dress you in drivers/boat shoes/boots when you were in elementary school? for perhaps the first 12 years of my life i was dressed in sneakers, so i am pretty good at it.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fredandesther.jpg

word

Reaction score
You need to learn the SF approved way to tie your shoe laces.

TexasJBD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
whats the "sneaker" look? did your mom dress you in drivers/boat shoes/boots when you were in elementary school? for perhaps the first 12 years of my life i was dressed in sneakers, so i am pretty good at it.

Haha, yeah, I was dressed in sneakers for a good majority of my youth, but I would think that a senior member of this site would understand that wearing the Nike basketball shoes, New Balance 991s, or gaudy Asics running shoes your Mom bought you when you were a kid is a little bit different than rocking a pair of $300 Italian-made sneakers. Based on your argument, I guess you also assume that every single person ever knows how to dress stylishly and fashionably because their parents dressed them in clothes when they were a kid. You're talking about apples and oranges.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads