• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good experience at Prada boutique and came out with a suit!

hkgweilo

Reaction score
I know from reading here that Prada is a touchy subject...but have to throw the good in with the bad..

Strolled in to the Prada boutique here in HK looking for a gift for wifey. Saw a beautiful gray suit and decided to try it on. Have to say, the fit was excellent. I am certainly NOT your 'typical' Prada model. I am 40, bit of a desk-job gut forming, but not abnormally shaped in other areas (52 euro size). The suit was a slender cut, but fit my body excellent. The lapels were what I would term 'standard', not slim. Other than hemming the trousers, there was not a lot that needed to be done.

Having looked at Prada suits before and not liking the final product, I have to conclude they're trying to keep their style, while cutting their clothes just enough to fit a bit more of an average guy like me.

Despite not looking for a suit that day, I bought it and couldn't have been happier with the experience. The salesperson and tailor were extremely helpful. Style-wise it's not going to be confused with an H-F or BB, but will be a nice contrast to the Zegna's and other mish-mash in my wardrobe.

Will post a quick pic later, but if you've stayed away from Prada thinking a 52 really will fit like a 42, I'd take another look.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Prada has always fit me very well and the quality has been good at times. I've bought quite a bit over the years but not their suits. In recent years I've not been pleased with their looks or quality so I rarely visit their shops.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd rather be in fused but well-fitting suit than in a completely-handmade but poorly fitted suit.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not being a gambler, I went shopping when I visited Las Vegas to attend a trade show. I was in Neiman's where they have an extensive Prada suit collection and decided to try on a dark navy trim cut suit. I was surprised how great I looked in it. It had a very modern cut yet with all traditional features (no weird pockets or buttons or super skinny lapels). It has a very flattering shape that makes me look far more athletic and in-shape than I really am. I always get compliments on it and find it to be the perfect suit to wear with a white shirt, no tie and my black Lobb double monks for a contemporary look.

I had it altered to conform to a more modern fit with slightly shorter pants and no cuffs that seem to compliment the trim tailoring. I also like the 100% wool woven to have some stretch. It makes it an ideal suit for travel.

And, with a simple TV fold white pocket square and a narrow dark tie I can channel the Rat Pack.

Prada can be fun, comfortable and good looking. I would guess that most guys on SF who put it down have never owned any.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have several Prada winter coats and casual jackets. With the exception of an Isaia coat bought recently, they are the best fitting and best looking coats that I own. Unfortunately, their other goods just don't appeal to me as much as they used to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads