Good Ebay Price?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TheRookie, Jul 29, 2006.

1. TheRookie

TheRookie Senior member

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

You can probably do better, if you're willing to look long long enough. But this is a handsome suit and well worth the $550. (And that's not taking into consideration the possibility of a lower "best offer" price.)

For NWT Corneliani pinstripes, I tend to think of $400 or less as a great deal. Solids in gray or navy are hard to come by NWT even at $600-$700.

For comparison, my best eBay buy was two Cornelianis, one NWT and the other barely worn, for $180. One was a coffee pinstripe and the other a navy pinstripe.

Bottom line is, if you like the suit and have the cash, it's a good price for a fine suit that will give you many years of service.

3. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I like the suit, but can I do better on ebay if I keep looking for a while?

You can probably do better but how much is this suit worth to you? I would not insult the seller(though all Ebay sellers are quite used to being insulted), but I would make a low offer.

On Ebay, you never know. You might get lucky and get a similar suit for$100, or you might not see another one that you like as a much at this price for a while!

I agree with the DocHolliday post above. For $400 or less, A NWT Corneliani is a great value. At $300 or less it's a bargain, and at $200 or less, it's a steal!

4. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Make a low offer and see what happens. The price seems rather high.