• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Good Denim Tailor General/Detroit

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to find a good denim tailor, specifically in Detroit, but wanted to have a little discussion about getting Jeans hemmed.

There is something about a pair of Jeans fresh from the store, and the hem. The 'ridged' look, the stiffer feel, the slight taper. I have had mixed sucess with getting jeans hemmed (I am really short, about a 28" inseam), especially with either the leg hole being too wide, or the hem not looking stiff. A much taller freind of mine just lost a lot of weight and gave me some of his older jeans to wear, but obviously I need to get a couple of inches removed. I folded them up to see how far into the leg (width) I would be and they dont look bad, but I am really sick of being embarassed by the hems.

Any advices on what I should be asking for, or doing to get that look I am trying to achieve? I feel ike the ridged look comes from the inner cloth being a little narrower than the outer cloth to 'pinch' it, but how do I ask for that. Also, I have had tailors tell me that they can 'reattach' the cuff. has anyone had that done, and what does that look like?

Chip

Reaction score
Cicchini Custom Clothier
180 South Old Woodward Avenue
Phone: 248-646-0535

While on vacation to the D(it was a friends wedding), I saw Antonio Mcdyess picking up a pair of bespoke denim jeans and jhorts...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40