• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Deals on Linen/Seersucker Trousers?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to a beach wedding this weekend and I went to Saks in search of some nice cream or white linen or seersucker trousers. I found a couple pairs, but they were both 200 dollars plus. Needless to say, I didn't want to pay that and I've now accepted that I won't be buying any before the wedding.

I still need a couple pairs - should I just wait until mid-summer when they go on sale or is there a better bet? The pair were Canali and Zegna, respectively.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
I'm going to a beach wedding this weekend and I went to Saks in search of some nice cream or white linen or seersucker trousers. I found a couple pairs, but they were both 200 dollars plus. Needless to say, I didn't want to pay that and I've now accepted that I won't be buying any before the wedding.

I still need a couple pairs - should I just wait until mid-summer when they go on sale or is there a better bet? The pair were Canali and Zegna, respectively.

The local Off Fifth has had linen and seersucker trousers for a few months (IIRC some Brioni a while ago, funnily enough) now just languishing. Maybe a local SOF may have something.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try eBay. Last year I bought a few pairs of RLPL linen beach pants (drawstring, patch pockets) for under $100 per ($350 list).

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Try eBay. Last year I bought a few pairs of RLPL linen beach pants (drawstring, patch pockets) for under $100 per ($350 list).

+1

I purchased 3 pair of RLPL linen dress pants for $70-90 last month on eBay.

I also picked up a pair of Coat seersucker pants at Off 5th. I really liked these because the colors were so unusual. Retail was $295. Price was $109. And, I had a 30% off coupon.

A new 30% on one item coupon came out yesterday for Off 5th. You should be able to find it on the net. That might make the pants you were looking at affordable for your upcoming trip.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

cordarounds

Reaction score
At Cordarounds, we sell horizontal seersucker pants for only $77.

-C

brimley

Reaction score

Fabro

Reaction score
The RLPL linen dress pants are really nice and they seem to show up regularily on eBay for great prices. I got a pair a year or two ago for around $50.

mwrenchd

Reaction score
If you want something easily accessible, J Crew has seersucker suits this season. The trousers are $98.

Since I'll probably only wear it a few times a year, I'm trying to decide on a $300 seersucker suit from J Crew, or a much nicer $600 one from Rag & Bone.

chas

Reaction score
Haspel makes a classic seersucker suit and they can be had for around $200.

mwrenchd

Reaction score
STP has the Haspel suit for $149 right now. Sadly, I wasn't happy with the fit on the Haspel or it would have been a great deal.

prozach1576

Reaction score
Oh man, that Haspel suit is temping. I'd love to have those separates.

prozach1576

Reaction score
Bah, I wish the pants didn't have pleats. I'd be wearing them with polos and short sleeved summer stuff most of the time so flat front would be much better.

chas

Reaction score
I own a Haspel tan seersucker. The pants fit me well and my tailor altered the jacket so it was perfect.

For the price it is tought to beat.

prozach1576

Reaction score
Well, I just got a hundred bucks in the mail for my birthday, so screw it, that (seer)sucker is mine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 71 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 19 9.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 34 17.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 33 17.0%

Forum statistics

Threads