• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good daily facial skin care routine for men?

Lord Flashheart

Reaction score
In the morning if my face is a little puffy I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

jack webb

Reaction score
As has already been alluded to, the best skincare routine is a healthy diet. After that, cleaning and moisturizing are essential.

JASSAJ

Reaction score
In the morning if my face is a little puffy I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

I have to return some videotapes.

JASSAJ

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to ask a little bit of advice about facial skin care. What is a good daily facial skin care routine for men(23 years old), to get rid of pimples/acne?

Usually I have had a pretty healthy skin (maybe few pimples here and there, but not anything serious). Without using any facial skin care products at all.

But for a few months now, I have adapted a new food diet (which is actually more healthier than the previous one) and working out regularly, in order to gain more muscle mass.

With the new food diet/working out regularly, I have also been getting noticeably more pimples/acne on my face. Mostly on the forehead (I'm not wearing any hat, bandana or so on, also tying not to touch my face with dirty fingers).

So at first I started washing my face with a regular soap (which was a mistake), which made my skin pretty dry afterwards. The pharmacist recommended me a few micellar water cleansers:
Applying it with a cotton pad over entire face, two times a day. Should I use something more? I have seen some guys use the electrical Facial cleansing brush 2-3 times a week with some gel. Should I also?

Thank you in advance,
Chris M

Really it comes down to: nutrition, hydration and finding something that works with your skin type. I went through a ton of regimens before I found one that works for me. Haven't had more than a blemish a year since. Mine is a combo of Retin-A (mostly for the anti-aging) and Eisenberg Paris mens line.

Find something that works for you and stick with it.

markokruger

Reaction score
This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post

ErinKeegan

Reaction score
My husband uses Kiehl's cleanser and Clinique moisturizer and sun protection because we live in sun Australia

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing that I do that seems to greatly help (particularly in cold, dry Chicago winters) is to moisturize with pure shea butter (L'Occitaine sells it) the night before I shave. I get really close, irritation free shaves the next morning.

Also, take your Gillette 9 blade monstrosity and throw it in a burning dumpster, get some good English shaving cream, a badger brush and a double edge razor.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My husband uses Kiehl's cleanser and Clinique moisturizer and sun protection because we live in sun Australia
Which daily sun protection product does he use on top of the moisturiser?

sajesak

Reaction score
In the morning if my face is a little puffy I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older watch repairs. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
Hi I've never had a skin routine before, just always washed my face with soap twice a day. I'm 25 now though so want to start looking after my skin and make sure it stays looking young/fresh, as a lot of my friends are starting to crack and look ugly in the face due to wrinkles/horrible skin. I want to prevent looking like that. I was on Isotretinoin/Accutane before due to bad acne and since my skin is quite dry. What products should I buy and in what order/when should I use them?

grippybananas

Reaction score
Hi I've never had a skin routine before, just always washed my face with soap twice a day. I'm 25 now though so want to start looking after my skin and make sure it stays looking young/fresh, as a lot of my friends are starting to crack and look ugly in the face due to wrinkles/horrible skin. I want to prevent looking like that. I was on Isotretinoin/Accutane before due to bad acne and since my skin is quite dry. What products should I buy and in what order/when should I use them?
Moisturizer and sunblock.

Cerave foaming cleanser is popular and affordable. Followed by their moisturizing lotion

The best sunblocks these days are coming from korea/japan. I enjoy anessa perfect uv

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads