• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good barber/hair place in Toronto

korce

Reaction score
So, for years in my teens I always got my haircut at good ol topcuts by the same woman who did an ok job but at the ripe ol' age of 22 I figure it's time to step things up a bit.

My hair is getting pretty big (it's super thick) so I figure now would be the time to go somewhere new and let an expert do their job. I'm looking for a barber/stylist who will do a really good job with minimal guidance. I've had the same haircut forever now and want to switch things up, but don't know to what - so I want some good solid barber input!

Other than the above - the place should be preferably in downtown TO area, and a cut priced under $40 (is that too much to ask!?)

Thanks!

korce

Reaction score
Anybody have experience with Truefitt & Hill?

M8742

Reaction score
You can try Salon on Brimley, not sure about the address but they are at the NE corner of Brimley and Sheppard, on the Street level, right across TD Bank.

I had my hair done 2 weeks ago and I quite like the stylist there, excellent job.

You can call them for direction, 416-803-2882.

Good luck.

doink

Reaction score
salon dew in yorkville.

Depending on who you get it might be a bit more than $40 though.

Hey Man

Reaction score
The best is Allegro Hair Design at Yonge and Eglinton. Ask for George and you will not be disappointed.

All the fancy places on Yorkville are so overrated and overpriced. People go there for status reasons as opposed to actually getting the best haircut. Oh I get my haircut at Toni and Guy and then go have lunch at Sassafraz with Bobby De Niro.

2361 YONGE ST , Toronto
Phone: (416) 482-4185

Under 35 bucks. The best.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I know there is an exchange rate, but 40$ for a haircut?

I've never seen a barber charge more than 12$ for a haircut.

I assume for 40, a shave is included too no?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by korce
So, for years in my teens I always got my haircut at good ol topcuts by the same woman who did an ok job but at the ripe ol' age of 22 I figure it's time to step things up a bit.

Other than the above - the place should be preferably in downtown TO area, and a cut priced under $40 (is that too much to ask!?)

Thanks!

Korce, it's like you read my mind...same boat. Thanks for the Recomendations above, keep 'em coming if possible please.
PS - I heard the Toni and Guy at Yorkville was good, but yeah it's overpriced for the amount of hair I've got to work with...
I've had mixed results with the Marvel beauty school there... basically it's like $7-8 and you can ask for a new grad, so they've cut a few heads before. Cheap and decent, some of them are actually great if you can find one of those people who are going to be famous one day. I had one wicked cut and one crap one, so I buzzed it down afterwards, no harm done.
http://www.marvelschools.com/new_page_5.htm

HermesGuy

Reaction score
The quality of the work of a barber is not unlike that of a suit. Toni & Guy are on par with Brioni. Now, if you are looking for bespoke, go to Sassoon.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by korce
Anybody have experience with Truefitt & Hill?

A few years ago, when I was in Toronto for a week, I visited T & H which was a block from my hotel. It was a great "old fashioned" experience....Italian barber, vigorous back massage (more of a beating), great shave, good hair cut. It was more expensive than I would normally spend, but worth it.

korce

Reaction score
For those who are curious, I now go to Blood & Bandages Barber Shop at College near Dovercourt. It's a funky small place with only one barber - Roger. I've been twice now and he's done a great job both times, $20 tip in. It may be a little too hipster for some, but I like the place.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of anywhere else in the GTA closer to uptown? I want to go somehwere good where they will look at my head shape and hideous hair style and do something to it. I want a "make over" if you will....

Myko

Reaction score
check out Tony and Guy in Yorkville - ask for Vlad or Masoud

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads