• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

good asian salon in so cal area

greasypeanut

Reaction score
hello, well school is about to start up and id like to get a hair cut. im a typical asian, with typical asian hair, wanting a typical medium length typical hair cut. http://www.rasysa.com/pkg/style/mens/ stuff like that.

i got my last haircut at a japanese place called taka off sawtelle in la. it was a great haircut and the girls there are
worship.gif
but i got a cut and highlights put in and it cost like 130 ish, and i just checked their website and it seemed they raise the price of mens haircut to 50. they might have even raised highlights, i dunno, doesnt list.

does anyone else have a suggestion as to where to get a hair cut? los angeles, orange county, riverside, it doesnt matter where as long as in so cal and will give a good cut and color for a good price.

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greasypeanut
hello, well school is about to start up and id like to get a hair cut. im a typical asian, with typical asian hair, wanting a typical medium length typical hair cut. http://www.rasysa.com/pkg/style/mens/ stuff like that. i got my last haircut at a japanese place called taka off sawtelle in la. it was a great haircut and the girls there are
worship.gif
but i got a cut and highlights put in and it cost like 130 ish, and i just checked their website and it seemed they raise the price of mens haircut to 50. they might have even raised highlights, i dunno, doesnt list. does anyone else have a suggestion as to where to get a hair cut? los angeles, orange county, riverside, it doesnt matter where as long as in so cal and will give a good cut and color for a good price.

Oh, I thought you meant salon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salon_(gathering)

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
could you ban that guy and delete his posts?

Oh, they guy probably thought you meant a place for asian people to hang out. haha, go to chinatown/little tokyo

Casey

Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't get your hair cut by Vietnamese people. It seems like no matter how much I try to explain how to cut my hair (which includes brining in photos) I don't think it ever really works. Once, I brought a photo in and the lady said "Oh, you want it short." and didn't even take a second look at it...

Reaction score
City Hair
Little Tokyo, downtown LA

372 E 2nd St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 620-0018

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a hair salon on Sawtelle and Olympic Blvd. I forgot the name of the male stylist that works there, he's the only one. He is very good and his prices are reasonable. It's also Japanese operated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads