1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good and cheap cobbler in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drewinnyc, Dec 27, 2012.

1. drewinnyc

drewinnyc Senior member

hi all-

I always wear my dress shoes soled with rubber (vibram or something like that). Hate wearing shoes with plain leather sole bottom. It feels like I don't have enough traction especially when walking up/down stairs.

In NYC, I used to get both sole and heels done for about 30 a pair (at a tiny joint at 55th and 9th ave). In San Fran, most places in financial district quote 55+. Can anyone please suggest a cheap place I can get this work done at? I have 3 pairs to do, so even saving 10-15 a pair is material.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  2. radiostorm

radiostorm New Member

Try Tip Tip Shoe in West Portal (close to the West Portal Muni Station, next to the Wells Fargo). The owner's name is Chang. He is friendly, his work is good, and the prices are cheaper than the financial district.

3. drewinnyc

drewinnyc Senior member

thanks radio storm- a friend lives around there so i make a visit to that area here and there. will give it a look