1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Good alterations tailor in North Jersey?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mans72, Jun 26, 2013.

1. mans72

mans72 Well-Known Member

Gents,
    can anyone recommend a good alterations tailor in the North Jersey area? (if possible Morris County)
    Thanks in advance! :)

2. mans72

mans72 Well-Known Member

3. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I use Westfield Tailors in Westfield, NJ.

4. JesseLivermore

JesseLivermore Active Member

Decarlos Bespoke.

It's in downtown Jersey City, so, out of your range probably, but it is considered one of the best in the tri-state area - Very much like the old-school shops in Manhattan. Honestly, when I walk in I feel like I'm gonna bump into John Gotti, or some other boss or Consigliere in one of the 5 families.

Seriously, he does such an amazing job. He is a bit pricy, and there is often a longer wait then you would get at another lesser shop - But very well worth it. The place offers such an old-world feel, and the people working there are a pleasure to talk to. I consider it an experience just walking into the place.

There is a website I believe going by the same name. It is also very well-reviewed on Yelp, so you can see for yourself.

Again, I realize it might be a bit far for you - which is why I consider myself very lucky to be within walking distance - but I would travel an even longer distance for a shop like this.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  5. mans72

mans72 Well-Known Member

thanks a lot guys :)