• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Alterations in Victoria, BC?

kjamesuvic

Reaction score
I'm looking for a seamstress or tailor in Victoria to get some alterations done on a trench coat and a shirt. I've tried a couple of places (one in Hillside mall and the other in the Bay Centre) to get some alterations done but the seamstresses couldn't follow simple direction. Any help? Price points (if you have them) would also be helpful? Thanks gents.

CrocsRock

Reaction score
Hm, I use Outlooks and they have an alterations tailor in house. I've had him do a number of pants alterations and been happy with the result. Haven't tried him on shirts. I was also doing it on items purchased there, so they waived the tailoring costs.

Might also have a look at WJ Wilson (I don't know what, if anything, they do on site), Curt's, or Kane Straith. Philip Nyren might still have a tailor in house, but I haven't purchased there in ages, as they tend to be overpriced. Last time I had a suit tailored by them was when they were still British Importers in the Eaton's Centre (given how that statement alone dates me...)

hrb

Reaction score
Curt's. definitely. price point are good. the russian lady knows her sh_t. outlooks outsources all their work to the bay centre. (or did as of last year, according to an employee.)

guyver00

Reaction score
I'm having Kane hemming my pants and tucking in my waistcoat, I won't have it till next week, but I've been please with his service. This is my 1st time using him for altering my suit, will let you know the results.

guyver00

Reaction score
Speaking from my limited experience in dealing with Kane, I'd have to say I'm very pleased. Had him hem my pants as well as alter my waistcoat, I'm very satisfied with the result. He outsources it to a tailor here in Victoria (I don't know who), but the service is excellent. Kane is very knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with, will definitely recommend him.

PS. He didn't ask the tailor to just put darts on my waistcoat, instead he asked the tailor to undo all the seams, remove excess fabrics and sew everything back together. Better than the seamstresses at Hillside, I know cause I work in the mall and have had them done some small jobs before.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads