• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gone Baby Gone

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
So the BF and I want to lay low tonight and see a movie.

But, it doesn't seem like there is anything decent out. No desire to see Michael Clayton, American Gangster, Awake or Lions for Lambs.
Looks like this is the lesser of evils; but, just watched the preivew for the first time and doesn't seem bad.
I really don't like the way Casey talks (at least Ben isn't starring in it, just directing), so I hope Morgan Freeman and Ed Harris can balance that out.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Michael Clayton is better. Gone Baby Gone is still pretty good though.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I like Tilda...but, only in Jil Sander or as an Ice Queen in a chariot pulled by Polar Bears.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
The book is good. But the casting of Baffleck does not give me high hopes.

Ah, I see from Socal's post that he's not actually starring. Now I'm slightly more optimistic.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Wow.

What an amazing movie.

You went from really like Casey Afleck to completely hating him at the end.

Also, women from Bahstan are disgusting.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
So the BF and I want to lay low tonight and see a movie.

But, it doesn't seem like there is anything decent out. No desire to see Michael Clayton, American Gangster, Awake or Lions for Lambs.
Looks like this is the lesser of evils; but, just watched the preivew for the first time and doesn't seem bad.
I really don't like the way Casey talks (at least Ben isn't starring in it, just directing), so I hope Morgan Freeman and Ed Harris can balance that out.

You've got very good repertoire cinemas all over NYC, why don't you go to one of those? You don't wear hollister and there's no need to watch it.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
You've got very good repertoire cinemas all over NYC, why don't you go to one of those? You don't wear hollister and there's no need to watch it.

It's easy to go 3 blocks down to the huge Lincoln Center Cinemas than it is finding something I'd want to watch at the Indie theater on Houston/Bowery.

Oh yah...that and when it comes to film I really don't like independent cinema.

P.S. To those who have seen it, did you also get a wierd feeling mid-movie durin that monologue that it might actually be over just 1 hr into it??

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
It's easy to go 3 blocks down to the huge Lincoln Center Cinemas than it is finding something I'd want to watch at the Indie theater on Houston/Bowery.

Oh yah...that and when it comes to film I really don't like independent cinema.

P.S. To those who have seen it, did you also get a wierd feeling mid-movie durin that monologue that it might actually be over just 1 hr into it??

I liked Mystic river a lot though (same author) so is that movie passable?

wiru

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I liked Mystic river a lot though (same author) so is that movie passable?

yeah, gone baby gone is definitely better than you'd expect. not a great movie, but not a schlocky hollywood movie either. ben affleck is on the sophia coppola tip. if you didn't know he'd directed it, you'd never guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads