• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golden Voiced Homeless Man

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the feel good story of the day... This video was posted yesterday. It already has over 5 million views:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Most recent update: He has gotten job offers from MTV, NFL, and the Clevland Cavs. He was on the CBS morning show this morning and is heading to New York to do more interviews. He'll be a millionaire by the time this is all over. Story Link

BC2012

Reaction score
Someone should hire the guy. Ohio State could use him to announce their games.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Isn't that awesome? I watched the morning show clip with him, and it was very moving seeing him nearly break down from all the good fortune that's suddenly come his way. I know his downfall was his own doing, but if he truly is clean and sober, good things should happen for him.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like a smart guy, hopefully good things happen for him.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Oh. I thought this thread was going to be about MC Hammer.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good for him.

I like how he just goes into that "announcer voice" like nothing.

He could make a boatload charging people to record their VM greeting.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Good for him.

I like how he just goes into that "announcer voice" like nothing.

He could make a boatload charging people to record their VM greeting.

Dude...that's actually a great idea...don't mind if I steal it.
laugh.gif

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think its interesting that he was homeless and broke before the Republicans took control of the House, and now that the GOP is in charge he's going to be making some big bucks. I'm sure this is the change he voted for.
devil.gif

eztantz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
I think its interesting that he was homeless and broke before the Republicans took control of the House, and now that the GOP is in charge he's going to be making some big bucks. I'm sure this is the change he voted for.
devil.gif

Well if this happens you can bet he will.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont get all the hype with this story. Just hope he lives up his final 4 minutes of fame and not blow his first check on more booze and drugs (i would!)

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the reason the story resonates so strongly is because of how utterly clear and professional he sounds compared to how he looks (like a homeless man). Also, he barely says a single word out of order during the interview. He literally sounds like an announcer who got fired earlier in the day.

I was expecting a more cheesy theatrical voice but damn, barring some sort of weird work habits, there are dozens of PA announcers which sound worse than him.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
i dont get all the hype with this story. Just hope he lives up his final 4 minutes of fame and not blow his first check on more booze and drugs (i would!)

Same here. I hope he helps his 9 children with his new wealth.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, showed up to ask what the odds are on him falling off the wagon hard once he's got the money to buy any vice he wants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads