1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gold and silver. Discuss

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by Valproate, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Unfortunately I'm a paralegal, not a lawyer. Palladium is a bit too rich for my blood [​IMG]
    LOL. Palladium is the 700 an ounce cousin to Platinum which is the expensive stuff.

2. javyn

javyn Senior member

Oh yes, that's right. Let me amend my previous statement, I am an ILLITERATE paralegal haha.

I'll check out palladium, see if it's as pretty and shiny as silver.

3. cretaceous_cretin

cretaceous_cretin Senior member

35oz? Wow a baller [​IMG]

Never really thought of myself as a baller, but I'll take it :).

4. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

Looks like we had a nice ending to the week! Silver up 3.07%. Hoping next week is a good one as well.

5. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Looks like we had a nice ending to the week! Silver up 3.07%. Hoping next week is a good one as well.
    Good enough for me to do a serious buy of Silver Gold and Palladium.

6. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Javyn,

Did you jump on Palladium?

7. javyn

javyn Senior member

Busy weekend, haven't had time to jump on anything, not even my girl [​IMG]

8. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Busy weekend, haven't had time to jump on anything, not even my girl [​IMG]
    That sucks. It looks like my hunch paid off on Palladium and it looks like Silver and Gold is doing well as well.

9. javyn

javyn Senior member

Kinda torn here. Was going to sell off my oil service stock to buy some bullion, but the stock is running. Trying to figure out how I'm going to time this. heh.

10. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Kinda torn here. Was going to sell off my oil service stock to buy some bullion, but the stock is running. Trying to figure out how I'm going to time this. heh.
    Yeah, I know what you mean

11. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

37+ on Silver. Run baby runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Oh and I'm liking Palladium as well. It's a new one for me and so far so good.

12. javyn

javyn Senior member

Nice! I'm STILL trying to decide what I want ROFL. I'm probably overthinking all this. But am starting to think Silver Maples and 1/2 oz Buffalos are the way to go.

Looking forward to Obama/Bernanke ushering in an era of Zimbabwe style inflation.

Americans are so stupid, focusing on Michelle Obama and McDonalds, public sector unions, Charlie Sheen, I think I still have time this year to slowly build up a nice bullion stack.

13. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Nice! I'm STILL trying to decide what I want ROFL. I'm probably overthinking all this. But am starting to think Silver Maples and 1/2 oz Buffalos are the way to go. Looking forward to Obama/Bernanke ushering in an era of Zimbabwe style inflation. Americans are so stupid, focusing on Michelle Obama and McDonalds, public sector unions, Charlie Sheen, I think I still have time this year to slowly build up a nice bullion stack.
    I have a love hate relationship with stocks. LOL. I don't know. If you are in the black I guess it's a matter of deciding whether or not you want to flip into something else that's doing OK. I'll PM you on what I did over the weekend.

14. javyn

javyn Senior member

I'm in the black, but my money is in oil services, which is far more dangerous than precious metals, at least in my warped opinion. I've decided to take my profits, just trying to figure out what kind of coins I want.

15. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Gold is lagging a bit. Stick with one ounce or better bars coins. Hit silver on a bump though waiting might not work since this is a pretty good run. Palladium could jump back to 800 in less than a week. It's the oddball and always has been.

16. Jasemin

Jasemin New Member

Who cares what people think... If you like then wear it...
    It is best to wear either silver or gold, unless I have a bridge piece like a watch that has both silver and gold tones in the same piece... I like to wear it...

17. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

Thanks for the input Jasemin. Anyhow, better jump into some silver if you haven't done so. Looks like we are heading to 40 in no time. Ag was up over .40 overnight. [​IMG]

18. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Who cares what people think... If you like then wear it... It is best to wear either silver or gold, unless I have a bridge piece like a watch that has both silver and gold tones in the same piece... I like to wear it...
    Excellent advice. I'll weld some anchor chain to a hundred ounce bar of Silver. I'm sure it will get much attention.
    Thanks for the input Jasemin. Anyhow, better jump into some silver if you haven't done so. Looks like we are heading to 40 in no time. Ag was up over .40 overnight. [​IMG]
    Yeah it's on a run but don't be surprised if a lot of profit taking goes on by the end of the week. I might pass on Silver Saturday and get a coin or two of Gold depending on the numbers.

19. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

Crane's, yeah I wont be surprised either, however, at least we are moving north, so we don't have to be too afraid of dropping to those extreme lows that people had been speaking of.
    Also, not new news, but the US mint must really be short on supply to ship out. The place that I order from emailed me saying that it was going to be a 3 week wait for the ASE to ship, and it was only 1 roll. People on the bay are paying like 45/oz for pretty much any type of bullion... its going to start getting crazy imo.

20. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Crane's, yeah I wont be surprised either, however, at least we are moving north, so we don't have to be too afraid of dropping to those extreme lows that people had been speaking of. Also, not new news, but the US mint must really be short on supply to ship out. The place that I order from emailed me saying that it was going to be a 3 week wait for them to ship. People on the bay are paying like 45/oz for pretty much any type of bullion... its going to start getting crazy imo.
    You need to hook up with my dealer as well. He always has stock and his margins are the best in the biz. A few examples. 10 ounce bar of Silver will cost you ten bucks over spot. 10 ounce bar of gold will be 50 over spot. It'll be a Suisse Pamp BTW. Silver Eagles about 3 over spot. Nondescript 999 fine silver rounds a buck over spot. Buy backs on the stuff with premiums is good as well.