• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to Woodbury Common Outlets - Any Tips?

agp

Reaction score
Next weekend I'm going to Woodbury Common outlet stores. It's actually my first time at any outlet stores. Does anyone have any tips, things to look for, things to look out for, or experiences shopping at outlets?

ohdannyboy

Reaction score
RRIVE EARLY. That place is almost always an absolute zoo on weekends. Avoid the coach store (if travelling with someone who may be so inclined) as there are, literally, lines out the door to get in.

agp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ohdannyboy
ARRIVE EARLY. That place is almost always an absolute zoo on weekends. Avoid the coach store (if travelling with someone who may be so inclined) as there are, literally, lines out the door to get in.

The Coach store is not avoidable. I'm going with my friend and she has a rack of Coach bags and accessories... How early should I arrive on a Sunday?

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My advice is not to go. Outlets are for suckers.

agp

Reaction score
For dress & sport shirts at ~$40-60 a pop, which stores should I look in?

forseti6

Reaction score
Originally Posted by agp
For dress & sport shirts at ~$40-60 a pop, which stores should I look in?

When I went about a month ago, I found some decent shirts in that price range at Saks Off Fifth and Barney's Outlet.

dinogj

Reaction score
I love outlets.

tip #1. go to the clearance racks first. This is where clearance items for the real non outlet stores are sent (this is especially true for the polo store there, i get black label polos for 30 bucks and RRL jeans for 50 bucks there, made in italy polo chinos, etc)

tip#2 look at the racks in the changing rooms, this stuff was already deemed "good enough" by someone else and the chance of finding something awesome is pretty good.

tip#3 if your a AAA member, go to the main office and get a coupon book with some sick coupons.

Oh and a lovely (read: homely) woman by the name of Courtney works at the Brioni outlet and will usually give you a great deal if you joke around with her for a bit. (30% off an already 20% off brioni suit, unmarked 25% off full priced slacks, etc) bring the charm, cause most of the designer outlets are and will be able to negotiate a price.

ASIANS EVERYWHERE

agp

Reaction score
1. Will remember that

2. Will look at those as well

3. Will it work if I bring my sister's AAA card?

I will dye my hair blonde so that I don't blend in.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinogj
Oh and a lovely (read: homely) woman by the name of Courtney works at the Brioni outlet and will usually give you a great deal if you joke around with her for a bit. (30% off an already 20% off brioni suit, unmarked 25% off full priced slacks, etc) bring the charm, cause most of the designer outlets are and will be able to negotiate a price.

i once tried to shmooze a lady in saks off 5th to give a discount on some brioni and isaia ties, useless.
ffffuuuu.gif

did get a cashmere sweater by todd & duncan for cheap though.

dinogj

Reaction score
Anybodys AAA card will work lol.

I was able to get 20% off some dior skytops through some haggling. Dont forget to stop by the RLPL/ black label only store as well...some people tend to miss it and go strait for the polo store.

Also the Prada store sells Churchs at a discount in the back.

agp

Reaction score
Alright, I'll bring an AAA card. I'm so excited! And I just got a job offer last Friday, so you know I'll be emptying my wallet there
biggrin.gif

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinogj
I love outlets.

tip #1. go to the clearance racks first. This is where clearance items for the real non outlet stores are sent (this is especially true for the polo store there, i get black label polos for 30 bucks and RRL jeans for 50 bucks there, made in italy polo chinos, etc)

tip#2 look at the racks in the changing rooms, this stuff was already deemed "good enough" by someone else and the chance of finding something awesome is pretty good.

tip#3 if your a AAA member, go to the main office and get a coupon book with some sick coupons.

ASIANS EVERYWHERE

This is great trip.....

Because I'm an Asian, I'm everywhere!

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wear comfortable shoes!! oh, and spend lotsa money!!
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads