• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to Vegas next week; Can I wear these dress shoes with dark denim??

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im not sure, i dont want to look absurd. i dk if they are too dressy for jeans (7FAMK and Diesel) or not

atchison_cap.jpg

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
looks a little "I had to come here for a conference but only packed my dress shoes" - ish. If you're trying to dress up then ok, beats sneakers. What else you got?

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
looks a little "I had to come here for a conference but only packed my dress shoes" - ish. If you're trying to dress up then ok, beats sneakers. What else you got?

as far as black leather shoes, thats it. i guess i can order a pair on zappos right now but id rather save the $140 that im going to spend on new shoes and use it on gambling/something else there

but, if it looks silly i wouldnt mind investing in a pair of black loafers or something

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so if i go with something else it would be one of these
1083838-p-2x.jpg
1179446-p-2x.jpg
or
1070047-p-2x.jpg

Grenadier

Reaction score
All of those shoes are horrendous. You'll be in Vegas, go drop in at Neiman Marcus, Salvatore Ferragamo, Gucci, or Tom Ford and get a pair of black loafers.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the 1st are rockport, 2nd clarks, 3rd cole haan. 3rd is most expensive at $140

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grenadier
All of those shoes are horrendous. You'll be in Vegas, go drop in at Neiman Marcus, Salvatore Ferragamo, Gucci, or Tom Ford and get a pair of black loafers.

i dont have that kind of money or i would love to get a nice pair of shoes from one of those designers. im in the ~$100 range

Grenadier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thefastlife
i dont have that kind of money or i would love to get a nice pair of shoes from one of those designers. im in the ~$100 range

You would be throwing your money away on any one of those shoes. If you can't afford to spend at least $300, you aren't going to have any quality options. Tennis shoes are just fine in Vegas though; you can't get into the clubs, but a club is going to cost you $200-500 by the end of the night.

NoNothingGuy

Reaction score
Those shoes from Zappos are AWFUL. Just wear the ones you already have and save up for some decent shoes down the road. Take a look at some of the WAYWRN threads to see what pops out to you. You can learn a lot by lurking here.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoNothingGuy
Those shoes from Zappos are AWFUL. Just wear the ones you already have and save up for some decent shoes down the road. Take a look at some of the WAYWRN threads to see what pops out to you. You can learn a lot by lurking here.

thanks for the info. i mean, im not going to look 100% silly in the original ones i posted (the ones i already have)

the jeans cover most of the laces...

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also any other clothing staples for the clubs down there? i know it depends on personal style. im more of a dark denim/dark v neck kind of guy.

i have a few nice pairs of jeans, clarks desert boots for the day time, going to order another pair of regular sneakers to walk around in, have some nice button up shirts as well as a blazer

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads